QVC-HSN Deal Looks Unlikely For Liberty
- Liberty's Maffei Gets Active. FARRELl., MIKE // Multichannel News;5/21/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p5
The article reports that Greg Maffei, chief executive officer of U.S.-based cable television company Liberty Media Corp., said that the company will continue to look to monetize its passive investments in several big media companies. He said that Liberty's investment in Viacom, Time Warner Inc.,...
- HOT start for German shoppers. Hils, Mirim // Variety;9/16/96, Vol. 364 Issue 7, p41
Reports on the expansion of Germany-based teleshopping network Home Order Television's (HOT) audience share.
- Street Talk. Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/22/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 41, p94
Reports the market performance of Liberty Media Corp., a cable operator in Europe. Abandonment of Englewood on buying the television operations of KirchGroup; Expansion plan of Liberty; Right of the cartel office over the pending cable acquisitions of Liberty.
- Cable king Malone wires Hollywood. Peers, Martin // Variety;04/12/99, Vol. 374 Issue 8, p2
Reports on developments related to United States-based cable television company Liberty Media Corp. as of April 12, 1999. Stock market performance; Company's purchase of a stake in News Corp.; Internet business operations.
- Liberty bellwether for cable combos. Peers, Martin // Variety;10/13/97, Vol. 368 Issue 10, p172
Reports on the significance of Liberty Media Corp.'s operations to the cable industry in the United States. Liberty's part ownership in major cablers such as Discovery Channel, Time Warner Inc. and Black Entertainment TV; Preference for investing in cable networks rather than operating the...
- QVC to debut Q2 shopping service. // Discount Store News;4/18/94, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the launching of QVC's new lifestyles-oriented home shopping service Q2 on May 21, 1994. Product categories featured; `ON Q' program for the younger, trend-conscious audience.
- DSN charts: Teleshoppers sales. // Discount Store News;6/5/95, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p4
Presents data on the types of items purchased from the Home Shopping Network or QVC in the past 12 months as of June 1995. Accessories; Jewelry; Small kitchen appliances; Clothing; Collectibles; Health and beauty products; Toys; Shoes; Others.
- Home shopping concept to be introduced on Chinese television by company in San Diego area. // Business America;Nov94, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p23
Reports on the introduction of the home shopping concept to Chinese television viewers by the International Shopping Network (ISN). Joint venture with China Central Television (CCTV); Commercial programming samples; Broadcast schedule. INSET: Commerce is sending a retailing and wholesaling...
- More home shopping. RB // Broadcasting & Cable;1/17/94, Vol. 124 Issue 3, p10
Reports on Home Shopping Network's introduction of the Television Shopping Mall aimed at upscale buyers. Feature of two-hour shows by individual marketers; `Home Shopping Spree' for the overnight service; Initial distribution.