GENERAL-ENTERTAINMENT NETWORKS STILL SHOW BROAD APPEAL
- MSNBC takes millenial hit. Schneider // Daily Variety;01/03/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 20, p4
Focuses on the results of a survey conducted by MSNBC cable television network on its website. Choice of the worst ideas of the millennium; Events in history named as `foul-up of the millennium.'
- Beta: Nonsubs Still Seeking Discovery. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;5/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the survey of the programming services of cable networks by Beta Research Corp. in the U.S. Domination of Discovery Channel network in the delivery of programming services; Increase in the demand for the services of Discovery Health Channel; Percentage of nonsubscribers with interest...
- LOVE THAT DISCOVERY. Hibberd, James // Television Week;12/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p2
The article reports that Discovery Channel was ranked as the favorite network for the 11th time in the annual survey of viewer attitudes toward cable networks conducted by Beta Research Corp. The network was also named as the biggest draw among noncable subscribers. It lists the runners-up in...
- ESPN's First-Place Finish. Haugstead, Linda // Multichannel News;3/3/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p21
The article presents the results of a survey which evaluates the top cable networks conducted by Beta Research Corp. in the U.S. from September to November 2007. The survey revealed that ESPN has been ranked as top in helping the cable television industry's systems gain and retain customers. On...
- Turner properties CNN, TNT top growth-potential poll. // Advertising Age;5/11/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 19, planning pS-20
This article focuses on the growth potential of cable networks Cable News Network (CNN) and Turner Network Television (TNT), both owned by Ted Turner, according to a 1992 survey conducted by Beta Research Corp. In the survey, CNN drew the biggest response, as 44% of the respondents said the...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.