TATOM: A CAREER OF TAKING RISKS
- Completely At Home At HGTV. // Multichannel News;10/3/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p42
The article profiles Kathleen Finch, senior vice president and general manager of Home & Garden Television (HGTV) and the recipient of the Woman to Watch award presented by the Women in Cable & Telecommunications (WICT) organization.
- HGTV to receive Academy of Achievement at ARTS Awards. // Home Accents Today;Oct2010, Issue 10, p12
The article announces that the Academy of Achievement Award will be given to Home & Garden Television (HGTV) at the 22nd annual ARTS Awards on January 22, 2011 during the Home & Gift Market in Dallas, Texas.
- NCTA's Unflappable Eye of the Hurricane. Kaufman, Debra // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p30
The article features Barbara York, senior vice president (VP) for industry affairs of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA). Advance/Newhouse Communications executive VP Nomi Bergman pointed out that York's deep knowledge of the industry, her wide-ranging relationships and...
- Buzz builds around Toba fountains. // Garden Center Magazine;Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p22
The article reports that Toba Magic Fountains products were displayed in the Golden Globe Awards' gift suite in the U.S. Toba is a line of remote-controlled, self-contained fountains for pools and ponds. The fountains require no installation and produce water and light effects. The fountains...
- Susan Adams: A Doer Who Gets Things Done. Baker, Debra // Communications Technology;11/15/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p3
The article presents information about Susan Adams, who has been awarded 2011 Women in Technology award. She has more than 16 years of experience in the cable industry and has held a number of management and technical operations positions. She earned a bachelor's degree from Southern New...
- DORSEY: SPREADING THE WORD. // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p23
The article features Cheryl Dorsey, vice president of affiliate sales at African Channel and recognized Woman of the Year in the 2007 LEA Awards. The paper provides information on Dorsey's professional experience, career challenges faced, business philosophy management style and her views on the...
- Cox's Douglas Honored for Leadership. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p10
The article announces that Mae Douglas of cable provider Cox Communication has won the Leadership Excellence Award, given by the Cable Television Human Resources Association.
- Honors:. // CableFAX Daily;6/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 124, p3
Presents the recipients of various awards in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of June 2006. Cyma Zarghami; Robin Sangston;
- THOUGHT THE WIRE. Gibbons, Kent; Hearn, Ted; Haugsted, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p53
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of May 2006. Opposition of U.S. Representative Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) to a bill that would prohibit cable operators from cutting financial deals with bandwidth-intensive Web-content providers; Recipients of the Restore America...