ROGER AILES PRESENTS A Business News Channel
- CNBC reprots with Ellen Greenspleen. Wechsler, Pat; Davis, Ruth G. // New York;7/11/94, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p6
Reports on CNBC president Roger Ailes' glitches on the `This Morning's Business' television show. Misspelling of names; Use of a graphic illustrating breast cancer for a story on breast implants.
- Fox Biz to bow in 4th quarter. LEARMONTH, MICHAEL // Daily Variety;2/9/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 31, p4
The article discusses Rupert Murdoch launching Fox Business Channel in the fourth quarter of 2007 posing competition to NBC Universal's CNBC. The article presents the hope of Rupert Murdoch that Roger Ailes will make the new channel as successful as the Fox News Channel. The article reports on...
- FOX OPENING FOR BIZ. Michael Learmonth // Daily Variety;10/15/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 11, p7
The article reports that the launching of the business-news cable network Fox Business in October 2007 by News Corp. chief Rupert Murdoch and his news executive Roger Ailes is expected to increase competition in the cable news business. Among the programs are the stock index "Fox 50," "Happy...
- Roger Ailes is mad as hell. Brock, David // New York;11/17/97, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p30
Looks at Roger Ailes, the chairman of Fox News. Ailes' work as a political consultant for the Republican party; His work with Rupert Murdoch, owner of the Fox News conglomerate; Ailes' public hatred for journalists; What Ailes will need to do to revive Fox News.
- `Fairness' will set Fox News apart: Ailes. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;9/09/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p3
Reports on Fox News business plans. Launch of news channel on October 7, 1996; Chairman Roger Ailes' chiding of CNN and MSNBC for running graphics during press briefings on investigation of the crash of TWA Flight 800; Features of Fox News Channel.
- Ailes pledges center course for Fox News. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;7/22/96, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p32
Reports that Fox News Channel will not play ideological favorites when it launches on October 7, 1996. Comment by Roger Ailes, Fox News chairman and chief executive officer; Ailes' plans on running an infomercial in the channel; Features of the scheduled launch.
- Murdoch reups Ailes at Fox News. Nix, Jennifer // Variety;11/17/97, Vol. 369 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the contract extension of Roger Ailes as chairman and chief executive officer of Fox News. History of Ailes with Fox News.
- THE IDIOT BOX. Spiers, Elizabeth // Fast Company;Dec2007/Jan2008, Issue 121, p144
The author of the editorial discusses the Fox Business Network (FBN) and their attempt to create entertaining business programming. The network strives to make entertainment out of its business shows, believing that straight business stories would be too complex for the average viewer. The...
- Fox's news hounds give chase. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p30
Presents an interview with Fox News President Roger Ailes concerning his plans for the company. Achievements by Fox News; Features of the company's relationship with Sky; Views on the news media's coverage of the death of Princess Diana; Views on the so-called interpretation of news.