Turner Seeks NBA Package
- Selling sports. Rigual, Luis R.; Bustos, Sergio R. // Latin Trade (English);Aug98, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the two-year contract signed by the United States-based GEMS Television and US Women's National Basketball Association to bring basketball games to viewers in Latin America.
- NBA Playoff Ratings Drop. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p3
Reveals the drop in the ratings of Turner Sports' National Basketball Association playoff telecasts in 2000 as compared to 1999 figures. Average rating of 38 Turner Network Television and TBS Superstation playoff games; Players' criticism of the NBA for lengthening the number of days between games.
- TBS fills `MNF' void. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;12/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p8
Focuses on United States-based cable television network TBS' plan to move its National Basketball Association telecasts to Monday nights from Wednesday nights in January 2000. Recognition of a sports void on Monday night; Impact of the move on advertisers.
- NBA on Cable: Zone or Man-to-Man? Consoli, John // MediaWeek;6/24/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p25
Focuses on the options being considered by the National Basketball Association (NBA) on its broadcasting expansion plan in cable television. Information on NBA TV, a network owned by the league; Information on the delayed of its deal with All Sports Network; Other cable operators that are...
- Showtime dreams games with NBA players. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;11/30/98, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p4
Discloses negotiations by pay-cable network Showtime with former National Basketball Association players for a televised exhibition game in December 1999 featuring members of the 1992 and 1996 Olympic Dream Team basketball squads. Terms of agreement; Names of members of 1992 Olympics team in...
- NBA Buzzer-Beater Tickles the Nets. Dempsey, John; Morgan, Richard // Variety;01/11/99, Vol. 373 Issue 8, p62
Focuses on the start of the new regular season schedule of the National Basketball Association (NBA) on February 5, 1999 on TBS and TNT, Turners cable television networks. Effect of the NBA lockout to Turner's TBS and TNT network; Adjustments being made by the networks to compensate their...
- On the Rebound. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;1/25/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p7
The article reports that Turner Sports, the sports broadcasting operation of the cable television company Turner Broadcasting, has sold over 80 percent of its television advertising inventory for the National Basketball Association (NBA) All-Star Game and associated events to be broadcast on...
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...