Consumers Use Web to Vent 'Cable Rage'
- Charter Gets Its Way, Consumers Lose. // Multichannel News;4/22/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p34
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Charter Scores Set-Top Waiver" in the April 18, 2013 issue.
- 10 STORIES THAT MATTER. // Multichannel News;11/4/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p3
The article reports on developments in the U.S. cable and television industry as of November 4, 2013 including the move of patent claims from traditionally targeted tech firms to cable providers, the spike in customer disconnects across the service spectrum triggered by Time Warner Cable's...
- The Consequences of Content Pricing. ZAGER, MASHA // Rural Telecom;May/Jun2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses how smaller telecommunication and cable companies are preparing customers for increased rates given the increased power of broadcast stations in dictating retransmission consent fees with no negotiating actually going on. Topic discussed include efforts of most telcos to...
- Growth Will Have a Latin Flavor. Uva, Joe // Multichannel News;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p24
The article reports on the census in the U.S. about consumption regarding cable watching, revealing that 83 percent of Hispanic American viewers are watching cable networks, an indication that they are going to be the driving force to a progressive cable industry in the country.
- Viewers Just Can't Get Enough Cable. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p34
In this article the author discusses aspects on the average number of hours spent by consumers in the U.S. viewing cable television programming, which reveals that consumers are still watchiing in record numbers.
- SURVEY: ONE IN THREE CORD CUTTERS WON'T BE BACK. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;7/2/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p12
The article presents the survey by electronic products site TechBargains.com, which showed that a third of the consumers who have terminated their cable or satellite service will not reconnect even if prices decline.
- Think Outside The Cable Box: Align, Refine, Streamline. Mewada, Sanjay // Communications Technology;Q2 2012, p2
The article reports that cable operators are focusing on determining the best models for the long-term sustainability of their businesses in the wake of increasing competition from other channels. As stated, to gain consumer confidence and loyalty cable operators have to recognize consumers as...
- LESSONS FROM THE TRU2WAY CONFAB. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p27
The author reflects on Tru2way Developers Conference. It is the author's view that consumers are resoundingly interested in digital cable without the set-top box for the three reasons, that is, no monthly set-top rental fees, no futzing with wiring, and one remote control. She also inferred that...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.