HALL OF FAMERS LAUD ONE OF THEIR OWN
- THE LEADING EVENTS FOR TELEVISION'S LEADERS. // Multichannel News;3/31/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 13, following p32
A calendar of events related to the cable television industry across the U.S. and London, England is presented which includes the Technology Leadership Summit West, the Multicultural Television Breakfast at the cable television trade show Cable Show and the Broadcasting & Cable (B&C) Hall of Fame.
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- Broadband Soapbox: Engineers in the Hall of Fame? // CT's Pipeline;10/16/2007, p3
The article applauds the induction of cable industry veteran Jim Chiddix into the Cable Hall of Fame. It enumerates other notable people who received the Hall of Fame honor. It points out that hardly any other engineers are recognized by this award. It questions whether engineers are...
- Jim Robbins Helped Lead an Industry. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p30
The article focuses on the death of Jim Robbins, long-time chief executive officer of Cox Communications Inc. The perfect word to be describe Robbins would be "leader." He has helped create a template for the success cable companies in the U.S. now enjoy as full-service telecommunications providers.
- ANGA: European Pulse. Hendrickson, Ron // Communications Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p39
The article reviews the exhibition "ANGA Cable Show" in Cologne, Germany on May 27-29, 2008.
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Broadcasting and Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p24
The article reports that broadcasters and cable operators are opposing the issue of retransmission consent.
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p6
Photographs of people and events in the television broadcasting and cable television industries are presented including a private reception for the premier of the series "The Affair" on October 6, 2014, truTV's "Impractical Jokers" star James Murray and "A to Z" television star Cristin Milioti...
- Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p10
An excerpt is presented from an article on cable television advertising sales presentations by cable television industry firms posted in the publication's Website.