Friend, Fighter and Visionary
- Robbins Steers the Good Ship Cox. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p1
Presents an interview with Cox Communications Inc. chief executive officer Jim Robbins in the United States. Career background of Robbins; Reaction on the merging of EchoStar Communications Corp. (ECC) and DirectTV Inc.; Views of Robbins on the impact of the ECC and DirectTV merging on the...
- CABLE EYES TIERS. Mundy, Alicia // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the testimony of Jim Robbins, president and chief executive officer of Cox Communications, on the allegations against the cable rates of the company. Speculations on the increase in cable rates of the company; Defense of Robbins on the allegations; His views on the application of...
- Jim Robbins Helped Lead an Industry. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p30
The article focuses on the death of Jim Robbins, long-time chief executive officer of Cox Communications Inc. The perfect word to be describe Robbins would be "leader." He has helped create a template for the success cable companies in the U.S. now enjoy as full-service telecommunications providers.
- Robbins on Regs. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the opposition of the U.S. government mandate to regulate cable sports nets by Cox Communications chief executive officer Jim Robbins. In a Senate Commerce Committee hearing on cable prices, Robbins replied to Senator John McCain comment that he would like to see the...
- Fanning the Flames. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p2
Reports on the complaints of Cox Communications Inc. chief executive officer Jim Robbins over the subscription fees of sports programs from Fox Sports and ESPN. Rate increase imposed by ESPN and Fox Sports; Suggestions of Robbins for the tiering of sports networks; Contracts of Cox with ESPN.
- The X-Tremely Mad Cable Execs Show. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/6/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 40, p5
Reports on the increase in the cost of sports television programming as of October 2003. Reason that Cox Communications president and CEO Jim Robbins is attacking the cost of sports programming; Increase in license fee implemented by ESPN in August 2003; Accusations made by Robbins against Fox...
- Look Who's Talking... // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/13/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p16
Interviews Jim Robbins, president and CEO of cable service provider Cox Communications Inc., regarding the government's role in the expanding cable industry. Impact of U.S. President Bill Clinton's telecommunication policy on the industry; Opinion of Robbins on the moves to place cable under the...
- A Positive Fleecing. // CableFAX Daily;3/8/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the event hosted by Cable Positive to honor the legacy of former Cox chief executive Jim Robbins, held in New York City in March 2006. Number of people who attended the event; Value of the Cable Positive public service advertisements pledged to be run by Cox; Plans of Steve Villano,...
- Wright's Happy Night. Bednarski, P.J. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 41, p43
Highlights the American Museum of the Moving Image black-tie dinner honoring Cox Communications President and CEO Jim Robbins and NBC Chairman Bob Wright in October 2003. Executives who attended the event; Career highlights of Wright.