PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Sprint readies MMDS launch. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;08/16/99, Vol. 237 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the preparations made by Sprint for the launching of its fixed wireless broadband services. Challenge faced by the company; Advantage of providing multichannel multipoint distribution service; How the company competes with AT&T.
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p2
Reports developments related to multichannel communications as of October 29, 2001 in the United States. Doubts of the federal bankruptcy court judge on the 307 million dollar bid from AT&T Corp.; Announcement of the renewal deal for TV carriage by Major League Soccer and ESPN; Transfer of...
- GOING 'OVER THE TOP': A TERM IN TRANSITION. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p27
Comments on the phrase "over the top" as used in the multichannel communication service industry in the U.S. Meaning of the phrase; Entry of the phrase in the mainstream population as the issue of network neutrality debate starts with the possible involvement of the Federal Communications...
- Who To Watch. // Multichannel News;12/31/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p28
The article discusses the career developments of employees in the multichannel communication industry. Jerry Petry was elected chairman of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation. Mark Keiffer was selected president and chief executive officer (CEO) for AT&T Southwest. Robert S....
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;9/23/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p26
Several tables and statistics are presented related to Multichannel News Index (MNI) in the U.S. as of September 2013 including multiple-system operators such as Comcast Corp., telecommunication operators such as AT&T Inc. and stocks of the media firm Journal Communications Inc.
- AT&T stock slump `over'. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Reports on AT&T's decision to offer stock options to more staff as a way to boost the company's morale and stock prices. Attempt to better compete with Lucent Technologies; Timing with the resignation of the company's chief operating officer John Walter.
- AT&T to concentrate on local service. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p17
Reports that AT&T Corp. will focus on local service. Sale of several divisions of the company; Cost-cutting plans of the company.
- AT&T pictures big interest in VideoPhone. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;6/29/92, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p33
Offers a look at AT&T's VideoPhone, the first mass-marketed telephone that allows callers to see each other in full-color video as they converse. Waiting lists for the new devise despite the cost and the few technical drawbacks; Available for sampling at AT&T stores; Television and print...
- The Walter hatchet. // Business News New Jersey;3/31/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the announcement of AT&T of plans to cut 800 jobs across New Jersey. Saving of $60 million a year; Areas to be affected by the cuts; Executives' work on budget cutting.