- Viacom exex paint rosy pic at financial huddles. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;12/4/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the financial forecast of Viacom president and chief operating officer Mel Karmazin for the conglomerate during the UBS Warburg's 29th annual media week in New York city. Interest in picking up additional television and radio stations; Growth displayed by advertising sales across...
- Viacom stock drops amid exec rumors. DiOro, Carl // Daily Variety;1/23/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 39, p47
Reports on the decline in the shares of Viacom on January 22, 2002 due to the rumors of executive tension and concerns over asbestos-lawsuit exposure inherited from previous CBS parent, Westinghouse. Tension between chairman and chief executive officer, Summer redstone, with president and chief...
- Redstone rosy over Viacom. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;1/9/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 4, p1
Presents the business forecast of executive Sumner Redstone for Viacom Inc. in 2003. Comments on the financial performance of global media and entertainment; Views on the impact of federal deregulation in the industry; Speculation on the tenure of Viacom president Mel Karmazin.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p48
Presents updates on the stocks of various media companies in the U.S. as of December 13, 2004. Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.; Viacom Inc.; TiVo Inc.; Outdoor Channel Holdings.
- CHANGE OF AUDITORS. // Accounting Today;11/5/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p12
This section offers news briefs related to auditing firms. Tax preparation firm H&R Block has decided to replace its auditor KPMG following the appointment of Richard Breeden, the former U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission chairman, to H&R Block's board. Ernst & Young was selected by Outdoor...
- CBS Regionals Nearly Sold. Kirchen, Rich // MediaWeek;07/10/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 28, p12
Reveals that the leading candidates to buy Viacom-owned Midwest Sports Channel (MSC), MSCW and Home Team Sports are Fox Sports Network and Comcast Corporation. Estimated profit that could be earned from the cable sports channels; Households reached by the services; Likely result if Fox Sports...
- Block 37 hits bump. Gallun, Alby; Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/13/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p1
Even if entertainment-based company Viacom Inc. does sign a deal to anchor Block 37 project, the city of Chicago, Illinois and real estate company Mills Corp., the project's master developer, will have to dig deep to pay for an underground $200-million-plus Chicago Transit Authority...
- Capital FM strikes ad deal with Viacom channels. // Marketing Week;3/21/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p12
Reports the partnership between Capital Radio and Viacom for involvement 95.8 Capital FM working with MTV, VH-1 and Paramount Comedy Channel in Great Britain. Airtime on Viacom channel for Capital FM; Transmission of the station on digital radio; Exposure of 95.8 Capital FM by MTV, VH-1 and...
- Viacom: no plants for ITV just yet. // Televisual;Dec2002, p11
Reports on the lack of plans of Viacom to buy a merged interactive television.