Satellite Firms Praise Tax Bill
- Ohio Supreme Court OKs state's satellite TV tax. Whiteman, Doug // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;1/5/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 41, p4
The article reports that the Ohio Supreme Court has approved the satellite television tax in the state.
- Ohio Supreme Court OKs state's satellite TV tax. Whiteman, Doug // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;1/5/2011, Vol. 43 Issue 48, p4
The article reports on the rejection of the Ohio Supreme Court regarding the state sales tax that applies to satellite televisions but not cable in Columbus, Ohio.
- DBS Operators Charge Cable With Pushing Tax Levies. Nell, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p10
Focuses on the call of cable television operators on U.S. state legislators to tax direct broadcast satellite services (DBS) as a competitive tactic in 2003. Reaction of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association to the assertion that cable operators are urging legislators to levy...
- Ohio Supreme Court OKs state's satellite TV tax. Whiteman, Doug // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;1/5/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 52, p4
The article reports on the rejection of a challenge to the ruling of the Ohio Supreme Court to a state sales tax that applies to satellite television (TV) but not cable in Columbus, Ohio.
- Flat-Tax Bill Heads to Fla. Governor. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p10
Focuses on the provisions of the flat-tax bill in Florida. Simplification of tax accounting; Application of telecommunications taxes to satellite television and wireless carriers; Creation of a single telecommunication tax.
- Taxman Eyeing Cable Services. ARLEN, GARY // Multichannel News;4/1/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p26
The article focuses on the effect of the "Digital Goods and Services Tax Fairness Act" tax proposal to broadband and cable services. It says that the proposal would tax digital video sales and rentals like pay-per-view, viodeo-on-demand (VOD), and video downloads. Executive director Steve...
- Taxing times for foreign satellite operators in India. // VIA Satellite;May2014, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on taxes imposed to foreign satellite operators (FSOs) in India. It says that the FSOs that provides connectivity services to clients in India are liable to withholding taxes, according to Indian Revenue Authorities. Also mentioned is the need for the Indian government to...
- A Note on the Implementation of Cable TV Rate Caps. Jayaratne, Fllh // Review of Industrial Organization;Dec1996, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p823
The article discusses the shortcomings in the analysis of cable TV rate cap under the 1992 Cable Act, by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Overbuilds' rates are, on average, 12 per cent lower than monopoly rates and not 16 per cent as estimated by the FCC, a difference of...
- AIDCF submits recommendations to I&B; asks for removal of 8% AGR on cable broadband. // Indiantelevision.com;7/8/2015, p1
The article discusses the recommendations by All India Digital Cable Federation (AIDCF) to Indian Information and Broadcasting Ministry on the issue of 8 per cent adjusted gross revenue (AGR) being charged on multiple service operators (MSOs) offering broadband services. It mentions that the...