WWE Takes On Reading
- WWE WrestleMania competition. // Literacy Today;Dec2007, Issue 53, p38
The article reports on the partnership between National Literacy Trust (NLT) and World Wrestling EntertainmentÂ® Inc.(WWE) to provide students a reading comprehension competition. It states that the winners will be given a chnace to trip to Orlando, Florida for WrestleManiaÂ® 24. It is...
- Lighting the path to literacy in Swaziland. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep94, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p25
Focuses on the literacy promotion work of the Sebenta National Institute in Swaziland. Group as recipient of the International Reading Association (IRA) Literacy Award from the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization in 1993; Community-oriented approach.
- Give until it helps. Gladding, Samuel T. // Counseling Today;Jan2011, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p57
The article shares the author's views regarding the programs of the American Counseling Association Foundation in the U.S. He states that the foundation is sponsoring various programs including a social and emotional literacy program for elementary school children, a Counselors Care initiative...
- Ottawa: World Wrestling Comes to the Library. // Access (1204-0472);Summer2005, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p10
Reports that World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) superstar Dawn Marie visited the Jess Hann Branch of the Oshawa Public Library in Ontario in March 2005 to deliver the 'Get Real Read' literacy program of the WWE. Key features of the literacy program; Target audiences for the program;...
- Dirt Camp, Jr. scholarship contest. // Bicycling;Jul97, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p32
Shares where to send entries for essay writing contest entitled `Why I Love My Mountain Bike.' Deadline for entries; Electronic mail address to send entries.
- Challenge Your Students to Write Their Way to the Kennedy Space Center. // NSTA Express;1/25/2010, p2
The article announces the invitation of entries for the 24th annual Dupot Challenge Science Essay Competition in January 31, 2010 in San Francisco, California.
- WCYF merit deadline is Monday. // East Bernard Express (TX);6/11/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 24, p10
The article announces the deadline for the handwritten essay of 250 words minimum entitled "Why I Would Like to Have a Beef/Dairy Merit Heifer" for the 2010 Wharton County Youth Fair in Texas.
- Foreign feminism. Karjova, Velislava Ilche // New Moon;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p35
Presents an essay by Bulgarian teenager, Velislava Ilcheva Karjova, which won first place in the United States Peace Corps international essay contest on women in Eastern Europe. Focus of llcheva's essay.
- Seventh-graders may help 'Save Texas History!' Wentworth, Jeff // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/14/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p6A
The article offers information on the Texas Travels Essay Contest sponsored by the "Save Texas History" program by the Texas General Land Office in Texas.