'Dexter' Debut Kills 'Em
- 'DEXTER' LOOKS SHARP. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;10/4/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the highest series rating earned by Showtime in nearly two years for its new crime drama entitled "Dexter" in New York. The television network has been recognized for the rating garnered by the show with a respectable 603,000 viewers at 10 p.m. and 443,000 more at 11 p.m....
- PRIMETIME SCORECARD. // Variety;12/22/2003, Vol. 393 Issue 6, p30
Presents information on the primetime rating of several TV networks in the U.S. for the period December 8 to 14, 2003. ABC; CBS; NBC; Fox; UPN; WB.
- BOX BLOWUP BUOYS BIZ. FEUER, JACK // Daily Variety;5/7/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 25, pB1
The article reports that Nielsen Media Research will launch its ratings for television advertisements, no longer based on television shows in which they ran in, but based on viewership of the advertisements themselves by using the concept of average commercial-minute ratings. Nielsen will also...
- 'Idol' on its Games. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;2/18/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 22, p10
The article reports on the tight competition in terms of viewership between the reality show "American Idol," and the Winter Olympic game coverage.
- M1 Singapore ad raises too many questions. Blower, Charlie // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;4/3/2008, p15
The author reflects on the controversy over the television advertising in Singapore. He cites the advertisement of M1 Ltd. in the country, which raises question by many of its viewers. TBWA Singapore Pte Ltd. and OMD Singapore. Moreover, he considers that several viewers are irritated on...
- BARC Ratings: ETV Telugu, Star Jalsha, Asianet, Bhojpuri Cinema, Colors Kannada lead in week 49. // Exchange4media.com;12/21/2015, p1
The article reports on the ratings of television channels in India for the week of December 5-11, 2015, citing the winning streak of ETV Telugu, Star Jalsha, Asianet, Bhojpuri Cinema and Colors Kannada in their respective regional markets.
- Miami Hot and Bothered by LPMs. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 40, p18
The article focuses on the adoption of Nielsen Media Research Inc.'s Local People Meters (LPM) by the television broadcasters in the U.S. LPM is considered as one of the most bankable truisms in the market. It notes that Nielsen switch on the meters in Miami, Florida on October 2, 2008. Station...
- Last Fall for Broadcast? Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;11/1/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 39, p8
The article offers forecast for the TV broadcasting industry for 2011. A national TV buyer shares that most people have dumped network TV for cable due to the programs offered by the latter. It was observed that broadcast and cable ratings have been racing against each other. A table showing...
- New Nielsen:. // CableFAX Daily;6/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 116, p1
Reports on the launch of an aggressive plan by Nielsen which will allow the company to measure television viewing whether they are watched on the Internet , at home or on cell phones. Reason behind the move; Technology to be used by the company across all multiple platforms to measure...