Every Week Is Premiere Week
- Nets rely on rookies for Friday share. Kissell, Rick // Variety;8/27/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 14, p20
Looks at the television program lineup for Friday night of television networks in the United States for fall 2001. NBC; ABC; CBS; UPN.
- Big three get serious. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;09/27/99, Vol. 129 Issue 40, p6
Reports on United States-based television networks' introduction of their television drama programs for their 1999 fall line-up. Titles of programs introduced by NBC, ABC and CBS.
- ALPHABET STILL SOUPED UP. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;9/26/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 59, p1
The article presents information on the television viewership of several television programs telecast at various networks in the U.S. The article specifically refers to the ratings of several television programs telecast at American Broadcasting Co., CBS Broadcasting Inc. and National...
- local broadcasters. McCarthy, Shannon // Sound & Vision;May2004, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p68
Presents a map of local broadcasters of several TV stations in the U.S. accessible through high-definition TV in May 2004. NBC in New York; CBS in Pennsylvania; ABC in Virginia; PBS in North Carolina.
- HDTV in the US: Lessons for the European Debate? Sprathing, Nrgel // TVB Europe;Jan2005, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses high definition television (HDTV) broadcasting in the U.S. Much of the industry was expecting to see the adoption of a single HD format. For a while debate raged over such issues as the acceptability of the temporal aliasing inherent in interlaced systems and lowering...
- ABC ratings super, even sans bowl. Bierbaum, Tom // Daily Variety;02/02/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the Nielsen ratings of the television programs of the major television networks in the United States for the week of January 24, 2000. Includes the ratings of American Broadcasting Co.; Continental Broadcasting Service; National Broadcasting Co. Inc.
- What's your summer strategy? // Electronic Media;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p8
Comments on the ratings performance of television networks in the United States as of July 17, 2000. Decline in the ratings numbers of television network National Broadcasting Co. Inc.; Increase in audience shares of the reality-based programs aired by networks CBS and American Broadcasting Co.
- Finally, It's TGIF for Nets' TV Programs. Consoli, John // Adweek;1/15/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses Friday night television programming on the broadcast networks CBS, NBC, and ABC. CBS and NBC are in a tight race for the adults 18-49 demographic, with CBS slightly ahead to date in January 2007. Mitch Metcalf, executive vice president of scheduling and programming at NBC,...
- Why Big 3 need to change. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 52, p16
Focuses on United States-based major broadcast networks' efforts to create a business model that pays for itself. Concept of fee-based content; CBS Inc.'s Internet plan for a more integrated online presence; Cable services by NBC Inc.; ABC Television Network's array of branded multiplex...