Hoping for a Second-Half Comeback
- Q3 Pickup in Ad Sales No Sure Thing. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;9/1/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 32, p19
The article focuses on the third quarter where ad revenue growth is expected to improve significantly nationally and locally. Topics discussed include the double-digit decline in ratings in primetime for cable nets owned by NBCU, Time Warner and A+E Networks, the difficulty for networks to...
- Advertising : the $2 billion opportunity. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;11/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p21
Focuses on the growth of advertising business of the television broadcasting company, Comcast Corp. Aim of the Comcast Corp. to generate advertising revenues; Need to build relationships with advertisers; Efforts of Comcast Corp. to sell advertisers and agencies to cut cable program channels.
- National revenue gains outpace local in September. D.P. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/18/96, Vol. 126 Issue 48, p48
Reports on the increase in national radio advertising revenue in the United States in September 1996. Comparison with local advertising revenue; Regional gains in radio advertising revenue.
- Radio revenue continues rise. D.P. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/02/97, Vol. 127 Issue 23, p52
Reports on the increase in radio advertising revenue in the United States in April 1997. Revenue gains for radio broadcasters for the 56th consecutive month; Combined local and national radio advertising revenue.
- BIA/Kelsey Ups Its Radio Outlook. // Radio World;9/8/2010, p10
The article presents statistics on the forecasted average 2010 increases for U.S. over-the-air radio advertising revenues for various market sizes by the BIA/Kelsey.
- MAGAZINES: "PEOPLE" AND "BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS" STILL DOMINATE. // Media Industry Newsletter;10/24/2005, Vol. 58 Issue 41, p7
Presents advertising revenues of several magazines in the U.S. Percentage of increase in the revenue of "People"; Difference between the revenue of "Sports Illustrated" in 2004 and 2005; Comparison between revenue "Vogue" and "Glamour."
- Top magazines by revenues. // Advertising Age;6/14/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 25, pS-18
This section presents a chart of the top U.S. magazine by revenues in 1992.
- Top SRDS magazine categories by total 1992 revenues. // Advertising Age;6/14/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 25, pS-19
This section presents the top Standard Rate and Data Service magazine categories in the U.S. by total 1992 revenues.
- Trading links: Barter makes a mark on Web. Williamson, Debra Aho; Cleland, Kim; Hodges, Jane; Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;3/24/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p26
The article discusses the release of a report by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) on 1996 advertising revenue which will show how much spending is cash vs. non-cash. At press time, IAB executives declined to provide an estimate. But indications are strong that barter--the trading of...