AT&T Seeks 'Competitive' Status in Conn
- Waiting for Portland. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;06/05/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 23, p22
Deals with the delayed verdict of the United States Ninth Court of Appeals in San Francisco, California on the appeal of AT&T to uphold a Portland, Oregon city ordinance that allows the opening of its cable communications network. Impact of the delayed decision on the costs of access on...
- Phone Phonies. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;8/25/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 164, p5
This article reports that AT&T Inc. announced that 25 data brokers impersonated customers to steal their phone records. The Telecommunications company filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in San Antonio, Texas, seeking to access to the broker's e-mail and Internet Protocol addresses in an...
- The Impact of Technological Change on Market Power and Market Failure in Telecommunications. Miller, Edythe S. // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Jun2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p385
This article studies the impact of technological change on market power. Among the many grounds upon which economic regulation is faulted is its innovation. Deregulation is advocated as an incentive to risk taking, including investment in new technology. Moreover, technology is portrayed as...
- AT&T Lobbyists May Get Pink Slips. Vaida, Bara // National Journal;10/16/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p3154
Stresses the problems being faced by the long-distance company AT&T as of October 16, 2004. Number of employees that have been laid off; Ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court on the appeal of the company over the residential phone rules; Impact of the court's decision on the company.
- Costly. Koerner, Brendan I. // New Republic;05/14/2001, Vol. 224 Issue 20, p18
Focuses on the Broward County, Florida court ruling that AT&T Corp. should be allowed to operate its broadband network, disallowing competing Internet service providers access to its wires. Claim of AT&T that the County's regulation of broadband cable lines violated its First Amendment rights;...
- Handicapped by network politics. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;06/22/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p70
Opinion. Discusses the surcharge being levied by telecommunication companies, highlighting America Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) company. Details on the surcharge; Reference to a press release by the United States Federal Communications Commission; Information on a tax which the FCC imposed...
- AT&T's Enterprise Initiatives: Missing The Human Touch? Pierce, Lisa // Business Communications Review;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on the impact of the collapse of the telecommunication sector on the business services of AT&T Corp. in the U.S. Development of enterprise initiatives; Implementation of Multiprotocol Label Switching; Development of global transport network.
- The world at your fingertips. MacDonald, Christine // Business Mexico;Special Edition 1994, Vol. 4 Issue 1/2, p66
Focuses on American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T) Co.'s establishment of operations in Mexico. Marketing strategy; Business opportunities; International competition; Customer support. INSET: Tele-competitors, by CM..
- The biggest winner of them all? Egolf, Karen // Telephony;11/6/95 Supplement Customer Care, Vol. 229 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the performance of telecommunications providers in the United States in giving customer satisfaction. Preference given by consumers to interexchange carriers over other providers; AT&T as the interexchange carrier favored by most consumers; Quality, reliability and competitively...