TWC Pitches Businesses in N.Y
- Screen time. Howell, Nic // New Media Age;4/8/2004, p25
This article focuses on doubts about the use of the World Wide Web to replace television for watching live broadcasts due to bandwidth issues. Announcements from BT and BBC have allegedly created a picture of broadband use in Great Britain, close to the tipping point for Web television. Once...
- PEER REVIEW: Wine Library TV. Ozer, Jan // Streaming Media;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p24
The article reviews the internet television show "Wine Library TV," produced and hosted by Gary Vaynerchuk.
- Turkey Bomb (Video). GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;11/29/2013, p7
An internet video featuring turkey is discussed.
- IPTV: Technology, Practice, and Service. Hsiang-Fu Yu; Jen-Wen Ding; Pin-Han Ho; Tapolcai, János // International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting;2012, p1
In this article, the authors discuss various articles in this issue of the periodical on recent advances in IPTV services.
- NPD: Connected Devices to Reach 1.34B Units by 2016. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that new data from NPD In-Stat has revealed that the number of devices sold globally connecting the Internet to the television (TV) is anticipated to increase to 1.34 billion units by 2016.
- Is Time Warner Cable Looking To Get Joost? Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/27/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p34
The article reports on the plan of Time Warner Cable (TWC) Inc. to acquire Internet-video aggregator Joost in New York. It is stated that Joost launched in early 2007 and have seen its core peer-to-peer strategy flop. TWC revealed that the acquisition of Joost would give it quick entree into the...
- Hype or hope: IPTV reality in Asia. Wang, Bryan // Telecom Asia;Jul2006, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p28
The article discusses the key issues that telephone companies need to consider before persuading broadband subscribers, who have cable or satellite TV service, to use Internet protocol television (IPTV). Operators need to address internal issues like improving security and having the right...
- Ukrtelecom launches new Internet TV service. // Russian Telecom;Jan2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the new Ogo!TV online television (TV) service launched by Urktelecom for their fixed broadband subscribers that will include domestic TV channels and video-on-demand where smartphone, tablet and personal computer (PC) users can subscribe for the service for UAH 1 per month.
- Faster connection to broaden Net horizons. Longhurst, Paul // Marketing Week;5/4/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p16
Comments on the launching of broadband Internet and digital television in Great Britain. Number of companies which have signed up with British Telecommunications (BT) for broadband; Fees charged by BT Openworld for the service; Use of digital television for online transactions; BT's...