- ESPNU Gets Off to a Small Start. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p52
Presents information on the launch of ESPNU, a sports-oriented TV network which will offer live college-sports events from existing ESPN football, basketball and other National Collegiate Athletic Association rights agreement, on March 4, 2005. Media service organizations that will carry the...
- ESPN Broadband Goes 360. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p84
Deals with the move of ESPN to overhaul its former ESPN Broadband product by renaming it ESPN 360 and bolstering it with a lineup that included 22 live events over a 22-day span in March 2005. Reason for the move of ESPN; Competition facing ESPN.
- Big East pacts with ESPN. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/30/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 41, p18
The article reports that ESPN Inc. has renewed its deal with the Big East Basketball Conference for another six years through the 2012-2013 season. The network has affirmed to cover every intra-conference basketball game on at least one of its networks and platforms. Under the agreement, there...
- Buffalo Soldiers. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;4/13/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p16
The article reports on the success of the news programs of WIVB in Buffalo, New York. It states that WIVB has been dominating the ratings of news programs, posting a 12 household rating per 22 share in March 2009. It is discussed that a May 2009 win in ratings would mark nine straight years for...
- EVEN BAD NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. Mathur, Arti // Variety;7/15/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 8, p21
Talks about the news broadcasting sector in India as of July 2002. Plan of New Delhi Television to launch channels in March 2002; Companies which are planning to also launch channels; Gain in advertising on news as a genre.
- STATION Dish. // Television Week;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p26
Presents updates on the U.S. television stations as of August 18, 2003. Performance of Chicago's NBC station WMAQ-TV from July 10 to August 6, 2003; Information on the 30-minute newscast produced by Tallahassee's Gray Communications-owned CBS station WCTV-TV for Pegasus-owned Fox station...
- NFL Wins September for ESPN. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p40
This article reports that the pro football season is back and the cable television network ESPN has returned to a familiar September position, atop basic-cable's prime-time ratings heap. Not all the gridiron news was good for ESPN, as its NEL game average was off 8% through the first two...
- At Deadline. // MediaWeek;9/30/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p2
Presents updates on mass media in the U.S. as of September 2002. Viewership ratings of the 2002 Major League Baseball television coverage; Plan of ESPN cable sports channel to launch a high-definition simulcast service; Details of a legislation on the royalties of webcasters.
- CABLE LISTINGS. // T H E Journal;May2000, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p48
Features television stations and cable television networks in the United States that offer educational programs. ESPN's SportFigures, which uses sports and professional athletes to demonstrate math and physics concepts to high school students; PBS television network's DISCONNECTED: Politics,...