Nets Face Capacity Limits
- Is Cablevision taking advantage of its customers with the conversion to digital? Miller, Chris // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/25/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the move of Cablevision Systems Corp. to require its customers to acquire a digital cable box to view fourteen channels that are not available in their existing family package in Hudson Valley, New York. It mentions that the act was due to the switch to digital that needs...
- DTV: So Far, So Good. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/23/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p26
The author reflects on the relevance of digital television (DTV) and its usefulness in the broadcasting industry in the U.S. He mentions the issue regarding the rescanning of the DTV boxes in order to attain DTV channels and he cites the response of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)...
- Fed: Coupon Demand High, Transition Challenges Big. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/13/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p14
The article reports on the increase in the number of U.S. households that have applied for discount coupons for converter boxes to enable them to continue to view on analog television when broadcasters switch from analog to digital over-the-air transmission by February 17, 2009, as mandated by...
- Cablevision Wants Its Own DTV Guide. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p10
Reports that United States-based Cablevision Systems Corp. is developing its own interactive program guide (IPG) for its upcoming digital television rollout in September 2001. Features of Cablevision's IPG; Other industry players that have developed their respective IPG.
- Broadcast Forum: Broadcasters speak out. // World Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the deployment of digital technologies by European broadcasters. Series of interviews with top broadcast journalists; Vendor relations.
- Latin America unpredictable but still a force. Stilson, Janet // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p12
Reports the importance of the programmers on television broadcasting industry in Latin America. Theme of the National Association of Television Program Executives conference; Views of Alberto Ciurana, vice president of programming on television programs; Company operation of Televisa.
- Eastern Europe puts programs into mix. Dziadul, Chris // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p18
Reports the changes in the television programs of broadcasting industry in Eastern Europe. Theme of the conference of National Association of Television Program Executives 2002; Performance of Telewizja Polska; Effect of the appointment of Jiri Balvin as director general on Cable Television;...
- Spinning the Web: Web TV Japan. Nakada, Gail // Computing Japan;Aug99, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the evolution of WebTV in Japan. Comments from WebTV/Microsoft (Japan) Chairman Susumu Furukawa; Marketing strategies of companies in the set-top box field; Cost of WebTV Plus; Features of Oracle's NCTV; Target consumers of set-top boxes.
- Business. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p332
Focuses on developments related to digital television, current as of March 1998. Includes SkyStream Corp.'s formation of a strategic alliance with International Datacasting Corp.; ASC Audio Video Corp.'s decision to move its corporate headquarters to a new location; Vela Research Inc.'s...