Claim: FiOS Count Inflated
- N.J. Sues Verizon Over FiOS Marketing. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p32
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by a New Jersey Attorney General against Verizon Communications Inc. New Jersey claims that Verizon engaged in deceptive and misleading marketing of its FiOS services, asserting that the telecommunication company failed to provide the advertised...
- VZW sues Alltel over ad claims. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on the civil lawsuit filed by Verizon Wireless against Alltel Corp., accusing the number 5 carrier of false advertising. In October 2007, Verizon Wireless began allowing its customers to change their wireless plans without requiring an extension of their current contracts....
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/28/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p52
The article presents information on the recent developments related to investment banking in the telecommunication sector. Qwest Communications International Inc., which lost an auction for MCI to Verizon Communications Inc. â€” despite making a higher offer â€” is still hoping to...
- No job, no pay. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/7/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 55, p22A
The article reports that the Washington Supreme Court has ruled that Verizon managers who lost their jobs were not entitled to unemployment compensation. The court points out that these managers voluntarily accepted the company's offer to participate in a reduction in force program. Under the...
- Verizon Pays to Settle FiOS Patent Lawsuits. // Multichannel News;10/1/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p22
The article offers information on the settlement of patent infringementlawsuits by the company Verizon Communications Inc. related to FiOS TV.
- Verizon Suffers Court Setback. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;7/21/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p62
The article reports that U.S. Federal Appeals Court has rejected the request of Verizon Communications to keep marketing local telephone service to customers who had already elected to switch to cable and other competing voice providers. It states that a panel of the Court, voting 2-1, rejected...
- UK news round-up. Burns, Stuart // Accountancy;Oct97, Vol. 120 Issue 1250, p18
Reports on the paperwork in fraud cases in Great Britain. Reasons for the collapse of prosecution; Importance of reliable filing system.
- COMMERCIAL LITIGATION. Becker, Deborah A. // Business Lawyer;Nov85, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p310
Presents articles related to commercial litigations. 'Shareholder Derivative Actions Under the Securities Laws-Phoenix or Endangered Specie?'; 'Corporate Criminal; Liability for Homicide: Can the Criminal Law Control Corporate Behavior?'.
- How to spot worker fraud: red flags. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;1/20/2012, Vol. 7 Issue 160, p3
The article offers tips for supervisors on how to uncover any work-related fraud by observing flashy staffers, especially those who does not have salaries that match with belongings, those who refuse to delegate work, and those who render overtime but with little output.