TWC Slams AT&T Ads In L.A
- Ops, Interconnects Offer Mixed Forecasts. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;01/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the mixed forecasts offered by United States cable television and interconnect executives for advertising sales results in 2001. Outlooks by Time Warner Cable, Comcast Corp. and AT&T Broadband.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/28/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 36, p53
Reports on developments concerning the television broadcasting industry as of August 28, 2000. Decision of AT&T Broadband and Time Warner Cable to trade Texas cable systems; Partnership between TWIN Entertainment and Liberate Technologies to supply interactive games and entertainment; Stake...
- TOP 100 MSOS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p22A
Presents a list of 100 cable operators of the U.S. Position of Comcast Corp. after its merger with AT&T Broadband; Number of subscribers of Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Time Warner, AOL pledge open access. // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p14
Reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. will open up its high-speed broadband network to multiple Internet service provider, including America Online Inc. AT&T Broadband's condition prior to making a similar move; Time Warner Cable's exclusive deal with Road Runner; Controversy over videostreaming.
- MSOs Differ on Non-DOCSIS Modems. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p51
Reports on the different approaches of the U.S. broadcast and cable industry on the replacement of legacy modems with the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS). Decision of AT&T Broadband to replace legacy modems with DOCSIS units; Reasons for Time Warner Cable's decision to...
- SVOD Pleases Pay Crowd--So Far. // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p6A
Cable operators have rolled out HBO On Demand, Showtime On Demand and Starz On Demand services. As the video-on-demand (VOD) platform begins to succeed in 2003, it is worth examining whether SVOD, one of cable's earlier services started in 2001 is panning out as a bonafide revenue stream....
- A tale of two trials. Ellis, Leslie // CED;May2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p80
Compares the computer networking technologies used by Time Warner Cable and AT&T Broadband in the United States. Connection of non-affiliated Internet service providers to plant; Differentiation of the open access tests between firms; Motivations for using open access; Differences in the...
- AT&T's Five-Year Plan Gets Cold Shoulder. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p14
Reports the delay of the upgrade plans on cable systems by AT&T Broadband in Chicago, Illinois. Admission of the company on its readiness to introduce cable-modem service to suburban towns; Advantages of the upgrade to AT&T; Impact of the economic crisis on the delay of the plan.
- MSOs Use Key Systems As Broadband Stages. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p8
Reports that cable television operators across the United States are focusing on broadband services as they determine how and when to launch such products. Use of bundled discounts by progressive systems; Systems of Cox Communications Inc., AT&T Broadband and Time Warner Cable.