Verizon Puts on Game Face
- Fox Sports Pitches ITV Services to MSOs. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p10
Reports the cable deployment of the interactive-television (ITV) services of Fox Sports Net (FSN) to multiple-systems operators (MSO) in the United States. Development of interactive products for customized sports tickers; Agreement terms betweens FSN and television stations; Names of ITV services.
- IVCA pitches in to make interactive TV happen. // Televisual;Aug2002, p5
Presents information on the plan of corporate producers' trade body IVCA to launch an interactive television programming projects for television station Biz-Nets. Reason behind the decision of the organization; Objective of the proposed project.
- Channel goes interactive. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;11/05/96, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p2
Reports that the problematic Dutch television (TV) broadcaster Euro 7, has announced plans to covert into an interactive TV station. Objectives of the conversion; What the interactive TV station will offer viewers.
- Portland stations team with InTouch. Berniker, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;6/6/94, Vol. 124 Issue 23, p57
Reports on the participation of KGW-TV, KATU, KOIN(TV) and KPDX network affiliates in Portland, Oregon in an interactive television trial in 1994. Purpose of the trial; Role of broadcasters in interactive television; Use of Video Encoding Invisible Light (VEIL) technology; Basic charge and...
- Seattle stations still ITV-wary. Gimein, Mark // MediaWeek;6/5/95, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p26
Highlights factors behind the reluctance of television stations in Seattle, Washington, to enter the interactive television (ITV) venture. Medio Multimedia's unveiling of prototype of ITV system; Failure to highlight the advantages of ITV for stations.
- San Jose TV station hooks up advertisers to interactive phone. Moca, Diane Joy // Advertising Age;12/6/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 51, p18
Reports on the San Jose, California KICU-TV's use of interactive marketing. Building of a database which offers recordings about news, weather, sports, business, flight information, station programming, contests, community events, entertainment and others.
- Videoway seeks way in L.A. Petersen, Lisa Marie // Brandweek;10/18/93, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p6
Reports on the testing of an interactive cable channel in Southern California to determine whether consumers will pay for interactive access. Le Groupe Videotron to supply its Videoway cable system box and interactive expertise; Sports service Prime Ticket to supply sports programs; Testing of...
- DRTV must make way for iTV ads. Carter, Ben // New Media Age;11/14/2002, p33
Provides information on the use of interactive television (iTV) advertisements by British broadcaster Channel 4. Background of the company; Advantages of iTV advertisements over direct response advertising on television (DRTV); Implication of iTV for the demand of DRTV.
- All-CG interactive TV from Vicon. // TVB Europe;Dec2001, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on I-Race, an interactive television and Internet gaming channel from Vicon. Features of I-Race; Details on the simultaneous motion capture sessions for the channel.