Gabelli Might Seek Appraisal
- Gabelli Earned $46M in 2008. // Money Management Executive;4/20/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on the earnings generated by Mario Gabelli, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Gamco Investors Inc., in 2008 in the U.S. Gabelli is believed to have gained $46 million in income in the said year, despite the decline in his fund's assets by 33 percent. It reveals...
- Super Mario's super payload. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;6/22/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p1
The article presents information the money manager Mario Gabelli, who is known for extraordinary executive pay. The founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of mutual fund company Gamco Investors Inc. paid himself $46 million in 2008. That's more than the CEOs of Goldman Sachs and Morgan...
- Investor raises stake in Cablevision. // Electronic Media;03/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p50
Reports on industrial investor Mario Gabelli's increase of his stake in Cablevision Systems.
- Super Mario Not Fazed by Media Roller Coaster. Marich, Robert // Broadcasting & Cable;9/15/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 36, p25
The article profiles Mario Gabelli, chairman, chief executive officer (CEO), and chief investment officer-value portfolios of Gamco Investors. He grew up in Bronx, New York . He is also considered as well-known commentator. He earned his bachelor's degree in science (B.S) at Fordham University...
- GAMCO files to raise $400M. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/18/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 33, p2
The article reports on the move of GAMCO Investors Inc. to raise $400 million in two initial public stock offerings (IPO) in the U.S. It tells that the proceeds from the IPOs will be used to acquire other companies. It adds that principal of Rye-based GAMCO, Mario Gabelli, plans to raise $200...
- Maven of the media. McGinn, Daniel // Newsweek;11/21/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 21, p68
Interviews stock analyst Mario Gabelli. His firm, Gamco Investors; 1993 returns on Gabelli Value Fund; Gabelli Global Interactive Couch Potato Fund; GCX, the theater chain; Baby Bells; Continuance of takeovers; More.
- Brandywine's ratings slip, as Gabelli comes back in style. Regnier, Pat // Money;Mar98, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p43
Discusses the investment practices of celebrity fund managers Mario Gabelli of Gabelli Asset and Foster Friess of Brandywine. The performance of their funds; Gabelli's rebound stemming from his contrarian investing style; The impact of the Asian financial crisis on Friess' technology stocks;...
- Mario hooked in. // Crain's New York Business;03/17/97, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p42
Reveals that money manager Mario Gabelli purchased a substantial amount of Cablevision Systems Corporation's shares. How much was purchased; What prompted the purchase; Why the purchase was criticized by other stockholders.
- Gabelli bulks up on Cablevision. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/12/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 16, p1A
Focuses on the contribution of manager Mario Gabelli on the stocks of Cablevision Systems Corp. Increase in the holdings of Cablevision class A stock; Percentage increase in the stake of Gabelli; Growth in the number of stocks purchased by the company.