TBS Has All the Playoff Bases Covered
- TO KNOW LIST 6: Now showing: America's teams. T. G. // Sporting News;11/10/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 45, p7
The article reports that the cable television network TBS reached agreement with Major League Baseball in 2006 to broadcast all division series playoff games through 2013. TBS will also broadcast one league championship series each year, alternating between contests in the National League and...
- Baseball's Challenge. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;09/25/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p8
Reports that the Major League Baseball faces a formidable test of competing for viewers against the television networks' season premieres, and presidential and vice presidential debates in October 2000. Television ratings for the American League divisional playoffs; Event that have the most...
- Youth is served by baseball. Quindt, Fritz // Sporting News;9/30/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 39, p5
Focuses on the ratings performance of Major League Baseball games telecast. Decline in ratings due to competition with football; Percentage of teenagers attracted to the games; Factors attributed for the rise in the youth demographic.
- All-Star Game fouls out with Nielsens. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;7/17/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the rating of the television broadcasting of the All-Star Game of the Major League Baseball in the U.S. as of July 2003. Average number of viewers garnered by the show; Impact of advertising on the show's rating; Comparison between the rating of the show and the rating National...
- Yankees-Angels playoff brings viewers to plate. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/4/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 88, p1
Reports on the television ratings for the October 2, 2002 Major League Baseball game between the Anaheim Angels and the New York Yankees. Figures released by Nielsen; Coverage of the game by Fox; Comparison with viewership figures for the October 3, 2002 game between the two teams.
- Fox Espanol gets World Series. Sporich, Brett // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/8/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on sports cable network Fox Sports World Espanol's acquisition of rights to the 2001's Major League Baseball playoffs and World Series. Proposal to produce comprehensive coverage of the playoffs; On-air graphics and audio packages.
- Fox draws crowd for Yankees win. Greppi, Michele // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/10/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the ratings received by television sports programs covering the Major League Baseball division playoff series in the United States for the week of October 10-16, 2000. Overnight ratings received for Fox Broadcasting's coverage of the New York Yankees' American League Championship...
- Rightsholder relief. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p57
Reports on the rules formulated by the Major League Baseball (MLB) regarding the requirements for broadcasters to reduce commercial time between innings by approximately 20 seconds. Requirement as part of MLB's plan to help speed games; Rules to be held in abeyance in order to allow television...
- Baseball's new TV rights contract. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/13/95, Vol. 125 Issue 46, p16
Reports on Major League Baseball's television rights deal with Fox Broadcasting Co., National Broadcasting Co. Inc., ESPN, and Fox Sports/Liberty Media. Terms of the contract.