THIS JUST IN
- Getting Viewers Into VOD's Tent. Kan, Amy // Multichannel News;10/20/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p55
The article reports on the marketing of video on demand (VOD). The author mentions that barker channels are used to advertise VOD and discusses a study of how VOD users respond to them. It found that viewers responded more positively immediately after watching barkers channel and cited too many...
- Study: Subs Dig Day-and-Date VOD. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p9
The article reports on the findings of the study on Movies On Demand campaign themed "The Video Store Just Moved In" that shows that the industry's campaign strategy was in demand having a 40% recall rate among cable respondents in the U.S.
- Levin: video-on-demand looms. Sporich, Brett // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/19/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 39, p78
Reports on the emergence of video-on-demand (VOD) as a sought-after telecommunication technology in the television broadcasting sector of the United States. Key features of VOD; Pros and cons of VOD; Advantages of VOD over conventional television.
- What prevents cable TV from taking off in Brazil? Reis // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer99, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p399
Probes the reason preventing cable television from taking off in Brazil. Pervasiveness of broadcast television in Brazil; Discussion of telecommunications policies; Overview of Brazilian broadcast TV's programming; Brazilian's reluctance to adopt emerging technologies.
- SAMPLING OF TECH TERMS FROM EMERGING TECH '04. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Discusses technology terms from the 2004 Emerging Technologies conference of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers in the U.S. All-digital cable network; Midsplit cable bandwidth; Advanced Television Systems Committee Cable Applications Platform.
- Audio moves in-picture. Aird, Brian // TVB Europe;Mar2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p62
Deals with the integrated monitoring solutions for multichannel digital television broadcasting. Functions of multichannel monitoring; Suppliers of multi-image technology for broadcast control rooms; Information on the technology of in-picture audio bar graphs and meters.
- New Negative Metric: Costs Per Subscriber. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/27/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p3
The article reports on the increased programming costs per subscriber due to the steady decrease of video customers in the U.S. in 2010.
- Slow Start to Authenticated World. // Multichannel News;9/27/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p8
The article reports on the evolution of the concept "Television Everywhere" giving multichannel video customers authentication to access programming on devices other than the set-top box of an operator.
- Plug-and-play for the headend. Buehl, Joe // CED;Mar2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p52
Reports on the role of Interactive Services Architecture (ISA) in the success of Time Warner Cable Inc.'s deployment of video-on-demand in the U.S. Diagram showing where ISA fits into the overall system software architecture; Ways by which application access platform functions using ISA. ...