PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Video, iPhone dominate NXTcomm. Pappalardo, Denise; Duffy, Jim // Network World;6/25/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p45
Information about the topics discussed at the 2007 NXTcomm telecommunications industry conference is presented. In the keynote addresses and press conferences, major carriers and vendors touted their wireless and video offerings. Meanwhile, AT&T Corp.'s chairman Randall Stephenson commenced the...
- ADSL: The on-ramp to the information highway. Fleming, Stephen; McLaughlin, Michael B. // Telephony;7/12/93, Vol. 225 Issue 2, p20
Reports on advances in digital signal processing technology. Increase in amount of digital data that telcos can transmit to residences; Asymmetrical digital subscriber line (ADSL) technology by Bellcore; Telcos providing VCR-quality movies; Standardization; Service evolution; ADSL's high-speed...
- AT&T to launch WorldWorx--End-to-end multimedia. Knight, Fred S. // Business Communications Review;Aug94, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p58
Focuses on the American Telephone & Telegraph Co.'s launching of the WorldWorx multimedia service. Features; Product support; Desktop requirements; Technical issues.
- AT&T displays multimedia wares, promises Eo upgrade. Schroeder, Erica // PC Week;4/4/94, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the multimedia products of American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T). Interest in videoconferencing technology; Price of videoconferencing equipment; Infinity multimedia messaging system.
- Stumbling giant. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;10/12/98, Vol. 235 Issue 15, p40
Focuses on AT&T-related issues discussed during the Telecosm conference, an annual event co-sponsored by Forbes magazine and the Gilder Institute. Participation of disgruntled former AT&T management in the panel discussion; Company's lack of vision and innovation; Success of AT&T's wireless...
- More eye-openers from Down Under. Kuehn, Richard A. // Business Communications Review;Oct94, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p82
Reports on proceedings during a telecommunications conference in Australia organized by the International Telecommunications Society. Discussion of how the quantity of American Telephone & Telegraph's long distance services and service categories has changed between 1987 and 1992; Comparison of...
- AT&T hedges its bets. // Business News New Jersey;05/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p2
Highlights the 1998 annual meeting of the shareholders of AT&T Corp.
- AT&T debt down by $2 billion. // Business Journal (Central New York);6/13/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p2
Highlights the 118th annual meeting of the AT&T in New York.
- AT&T brings multimedia to on-line support services. Wallace, Bob // InfoWorld;6/6/94, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p1
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s proposed development of multimedia help-desk applications that would be available on-line to end-users and information service (IS) managers. Conjunction with an enhanced 800-number service from AT&T; Applicability of enhancement to all 800-number applications;...