Martin: FCC Leads Way on DTV
- FCC gets border agreements. // Broadcast Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the separate agreements entered into by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) with Mexico and Canada that remove a regulatory obstacle for television stations in top American markets to air digital signals. Stations that have volunteered to start their digital...
- House Hears Hill Of DTV Concerns. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/07/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p6
Reports on developments concerning the debate over the transition to digital television in the United States. Feuding factions's appeal to congressional lawmakers to heed their varying positions on the new broadcasting system; Federal Communication Commission's mandated deadline for the end of...
- Digital commitments. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;12/20/99, Vol. 129 Issue 52, p18
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's consideration of proposed digital television broadcasters' requirements for public service in exchange for a government loan of spectrum. Channel capacity for digital broadcasters being studied by the commission; Public interest...
- DTV Rollout Loophole. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;4/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p36
Reports that broadcasters have asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to establish regulations to bar the sale of cable-ready digital television (DTV) monitors that can not receive over-the-air broadcasts. Aim of the FCC in requiring manufacturers to include broadcast DTV tuners...
- Third of population say they would turn backs on digital TV. // Campaign (UK);6/21/2002, Issue 24, p8
Reports on the hope of the British government for a completely digital television landscape look increasingly futile with nearly a third of the population claiming they will never get it, according to a research from Mediaedge:cia.
- Bridging the digital divide. Gray, Robert // Public Finance;12/15/2000-01/04/2001, p18
Focuses on the digital television in Great Britain. Use of digital television to bring the knowledge economy into every home; Decision of the government to turn off the analog television broadcasting signal from 2010 to 2006; Difficulties encountered by designers and implementors of digital...
- Aussie Broadcasters Positioned for Digital. Bulbeck, Pip // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p60
Reports on the Parliament's passage of final rules governing digital terrestrial television in Australia. Allowance of the country's free-to-air television networks to start digital broadcasting by January 2001; Prohibition of commercial networks from multicasting their spectrum following...
- FCC: 'V' In DTV Means Voluntary. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on the digital television transition plan of U.S. Federal Communications Communication chairman Michael Powell. Aims of the transition plan; Status of media regulation; Discussion the terms of the plan.
- AUSTRALIA'S DIGITAL TELEVISION SAGA. Encel, Alex // National Observer;Autumn2001, Issue 48, p39
Discusses the lessons learned from Australia's Digital Television policy. Announcement of the policy in 1997; Changes in the policy; Cost of High Definition Digital Television to consumers; Disregard for the Productivity Commission's report.