- INDICATOR. // People Management;10/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p114
The article presents statistics related to the labor market in Great Britain as of October 2005, including the level of unemployment in the country in the first three months to July, the increase in average earnings excluding bonuses in the year to July compared in June and the estimated number...
- INDICATOR. // People Management;7/26/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p78
The article presents statistics related to the labor market in Great Britain. The unemployment rate was 5.4% in the three months to May 2007. Average earnings excluding bonus payments increased by 3.5% in the year to May 2007, down from 3.6% the previous month. More than 28,000 jobs were created...
- Concerted Efforts Needed to Overcome Youth Unemployment. Choongsoo, Kim // Korea Focus;May/Jun2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p42
Assesses efforts to overcome youth unemployment in South Korea. Unemployment rate; Economic and social consequences associated with a high rate of youth unemployment; Role of the government in addressing the increasing demands for job creation for young people; Factors contributing to Korea's...
- INDICATOR. // People Management;10/12/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p106
The article presents statistics related to labor in Great Britain as of September 2006. There is a .3% increase in unemployment rate in the region. In the three months to July, average earnings has increased by 3.7% excluding bonuses. About 34,000 jobs were created in several industries in Great...
- INDICATOR. // People Management;1/24/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p130
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics in Great Britain including the decline in the unemployment rate in November 2007, increase in average earnings excluding bonus payments, and the number of jobs created across Britain's key industries in December 2007.
- Job, Wage Growth Well Above Views; Labor Force Booms. ANDREA RIQUIER // Investors Business Daily;2/9/2015, pA01
The article reports on the growth of the labor market in the U.S. as of January 2015. Topics discussed include the increase of job creation from construction to finance industries, the decline of unemployment rate by 5.7%, and the slight increase of average hourly wages which suffered a rare...
- Detroit, Ann Arbor lead in job growth. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;08/14/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p1
Provides an overview of the job market in Southeast Michigan for the second quarter of 2000. Overall employment increases for the period; Number of jobs added in Detroit and Ann Arbor since the second quarter of 1999; Comparison of the region's job growth with that of the state; Unemployment...
- The Dutch Door To Prosperity. Krauss, Melvyn; Thomas, Lee R. // International Economy;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the labor market flexibility in Netherlands. Data on unemployment and job creation rates; Information on the employment laws; Recommendation for other countries to adopt labor market flexibility.
- Labor Markets: Recent Developments. // Portugal Country Monitor;Feb2012, p9
The article reports on the condition of the labor market in Portugal, highlighting the record high of unemployment rate at 12.4 percent, and the poor job creation.