FIRMS EXPERIENCING TAKEOVERS SEE DROP IN NUMBERS OF FEMALE AND ETHNIC MINORITY STAFF
- Argonne National Laboratory: collaborative and cutting edge. // Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p90
The article focuses on the Argonne National Laboratory, a science and engineering research national laboratory in the U.S. It discusses the laboratory's recruitment of minorities, veterans and women, relationship with university, and the role of Erin L. Thomas as gender diversity specialist...
- Hidden sore points that can thwart a culture match. Love, Paula; Gibson, Steve // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/Jun99, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p51
Focuses on the impact of cultural differences among the combining firms in the United States. Relevance of cultural management in the realization of the union; Causes of the turmoil in the merger between the major firms from the West Coast and the Southeast; Impact of the lack of alignment and...
- Making Diversity a Reality. Jessamy, Howard T. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2000, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p67
Offers information on the 1999 study `Diversity in Healthcare Leadership,' conducted by Witt/Kieffer, Ford, Hadelman, and Lloyd. Healthcare executive behaviors and attitudes toward diversity; How the number of minority senior finance executives can be increased; Areas where minority candidates...
- Taking Stock, Building Strategy. Johnson, Kathy; Douglas, Mae // Multichannel News;5/29/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p19
Comments on the plan of the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communication (NAMIC) to launch the employment survey "A Look Toward Advancement: Multi Ethnic Employment in Communications" in the U.S. Aim of the survey; Advantages provided by the survey to communication and satellite...
- MOST ADMIRED Companies for MINORITY. Taborn, Tyrone D. // U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology;Fall2007, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p15
The article cites a survey about the most admired companies of minority professionals conducted by U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology. The survey shows that employees look for corporations that promote professional growth, opportunity, and development. Moreover, the survey explores the...
- Strong equality policies key to retaining talent. // Personnel Today;5/1/2007, p4
The article reports on a survey conducted to Vodafone UK Ltd.'s 1,500 workers and 500 employers in Great Britain. Results revealed the need for equality policies for female employees and minority groups to help attract and retain staff. It is inferred that financial loss in 2006 were associated...
- Global business hasn't resolved cultural division. Mazur, Laura // Marketing (00253650);12/2/1999, p18
Opines that the trend towards globalization has not really resolved the issue of cultural division in the corporate world. Vodafone AirTouch's takeover bid on Mannesman; Challenge of acquiring marketing colleagues from diverse backgrounds; Business opportunities for consultants.
- Work/life, diversity programs a success. McShulskis, Elaine // HRMagazine;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on employers' views on work/life diversity programs, according to a survey conducted by William M. Mercer Inc. Benefits of diversity programs; Use of diversity programs to address the issue of balance between an employee's work and personal life.
- the last word. Evans, Carol // Working Mother;Jul2014, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p82
The article focuses on the issues faced by women of color on the context of advancement of women, including wage gap, promotion gap, and work life balance.