HOW TOï¿½take back control of email
- Computer TALK: The Role of E-Mail. Gross, Richard // Stained Glass: Quarterly of the Stained Glass Association of Ame;Winter2001, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p260
The article explores several problems with electronic-mail (e-mail) messages. It emphasizes the importance for people to stop responding to spam or unsolicited e-mail to end the problem related to spam messages. It recommends using services such as SpamCop to lessen the amount of spam. It...
- Spam goes down the pan. // Credit Management;Nov2003, p12
Reports that the indiscriminate sending of Internet and mobile hone junk mail will be outlawed from December 11, 2003 in Great Britain. Amount of fine; Overview of the regulations; Criminal offense.
- Spam on the rise. // eWeek;3/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p20
Presents a graph showing invasions of unsolicited electronic mail messages in the U.S. for the year 2002.
- US Congress steps up spam attack with anti-porn bill. // Precision Marketing;6/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p9
Reports on the efforts of the U.S. Congress to wipe out spams. Introduction of the Stop Pornography and Abusive Marketing Act; Creation of Do Not Spam register.
- US spam porn laws under attack. // Precision Marketing;5/7/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p9
Reports on the criticism against the spam porn laws in the U.S.
- For now, spammers have the upper hand. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/11/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 29, p43A
Focuses on the problem of unsolicited electronic mail messages. Value of one's privacy; Examples of spam messages that appear frequently on one's computer; Computer owners' call on the U.S. Congress to force spammers to stop their electronic junk mail.
- Anti-spam campaign elicits mixed reaction. Parker, Adam // PRWeek (London);2/12/2010, p14
The article presents opinions on the anti-spam campaign in Great Britain.
- Analysts warn of spam explosion. Adshead, Antony // Computer Weekly;11/28/2002, p10
Focuses on the need to educate computer users about unsolicited or spam electronic mail (e-mail) messages in Great Britain. Increase in the incidents of spam e-mails; Effect of spam e-mails on business productivity; Restriction on use of corporate e-mail addresses.
- Attorney General Abbott Cracks Down on Spammer Who Hijacked Consumers' Personal Computers. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/4/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p11
The article reports on the move of Attorney General Greg Abbott to prohibit Texas resident Alonzo Villanueva from his unlawful sending spam messages to any consumer's personal computers in the U.S.