- want a result--tell a story. Bishop, John // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2005, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p26
The article focuses on the role of storytelling and storytellers in the growth of a company. Stories have the capability to teach new skills, motivate people through the power of parable and analogy, serve as reminders of the past and excite the imagination. Storyteller Steve Denning, former...
- Storytelling: PowerPoint's New Best Friend. Cross, Jay // Chief Learning Officer;Dec2005, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p15
The article reports that boring presentations can be made lively with the help of powerful storytelling ability. Steve Denning, the author of several books on storytelling, recognized that PowerPoint can be too concrete, and therefore, he abandoned PowerPoint in his own presentations in favor of...
- gerencia en la: red: El poder de una historia. Jiménez Moreno, Rafael // Debates IESA;abr-jun2010, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p78
No abstract available.
- Good stories an effective tool: Speaker. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;07/19/99, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p64C
Points out the importance of communication, specifically, storytelling, as a sales tool. Effectiveness of storytelling in capturing consumers' attention; Use in improving corporate image and in selling ideas, products and services; Suggestions in improving anecdotes; Sources of stories.
- Riveted. Rosen // Communication World;Oct/Nov99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p36
Comments on the use of storytelling as an alternative corporate communication approach. Case examples; Questions on corporate storytelling's effectiveness to instill values most effectively and create understanding in the global marketplace; Significance of the practice in the age of...
- Four Ways to Use Stories to Energize Your Training. // T+D;May2012, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p23
The article offers tips for using stories during new-hire orientations and when starting a presentation, teaching abstract concepts, and coaching employees which were adapted from the May 2012 Infoline organization's website article "Powerful Storytelling Techniques."
- True Tales and Tall Tales. Kaye, Beverly; Jacobson, Betsy // Training & Development;Mar99, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p44
Examines the power of organizational storytelling. Passing on of an organization's history, values and vision; Patterns in storytelling; Consequences of storytelling; Story time; Channels for storytelling. INSETS: When my father was a college student;Peter Drucker tells a memorable...
- Emotions in motion: Telling powerful stories. // Public Relations Tactics;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p11
The article offers tips on how to tell powerful stories that can drive business outcomes by chief executive officer (CEO) Christopher Graves of Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide Inc..
- Orion Notes & Miscellany. Blechman, Andrew D. // Orion Magazine;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p7
This section offers news briefs of interest to readers of "Orion" magazine as of March 2011, including Amy Leach and Lydia Peele receiving the 2010 Whiting Writers' Awards, the founding by former "Orion" magazine executive editor Hal Clifford of a multimedia production company Drift...