- THE SCOTTISH CONNECTION. Smedley, Tim // People Management;11/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p27
The article focuses on a volunteering scheme developed under a partnership between the Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO), the National Health Service (NHS) Scotland and the Scottish Executive (SE). The scheme aims to support the work of VSO with strategic organisations in Sub-Saharan Africa to...
- Scots launch NHS recruitment drive. Meilton, David // Public Finance;3/10/2006, p15
The article reports on the recruitment campaign of the Scottish Executive for people who would like to work for the National Health Service(NHS) in Scotland. Supporting the campaign are television and radio advertisements that will commence on the first day of the Scottish NHS awareness week....
- Cycle for South Africa. McWilliam, Fiona // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);May97, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p8
Reports on aid charity Voluntary Service Overseas' sponsorship of a cycling tour in the Netherlands to raise funds for its work in South Africa. Tour itinerary.
- Uncharted territories. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Feb98, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p24
Reports that the Voluntary Service Overseas needs a skilled cartographer to work in the Salomon Islands. Production of a cartographic atlas illustrating the results of a census.
- Two years with VSO could be just what you need. Barron, Elaine // Accountancy;Sep79, Vol. 90 Issue 1033, p72
Discusses the importance of applying for a job with the Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) to accountants. Fears hindering accountants from applying; Responsibilities entailed for a VSO employee; Rewards and incentives.
- Scottish cut through bureaucracy of working with children. // Education (14637073);10/10/2008, Issue 328, p3
The article discusses attempts by the Scottish Executive to eliminate bureaucracy involving volunteer work with children while improving the effectiveness of safeguards to protect children. The Executive has proposed eliminating multiple disclosure checks and promoted a plan based on the...
- Unpaid care. // Working with Older People: Community Care Policy & Practice;Mar2006, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
This article discusses the findings of a report about unpaid care commissioned by the Scottish Executive's Care 21 Unit. The report was done to help plan for the support needs of unpaid carers over the next 10 years. The main recommendations in the report include expanding rights to breaks from...
- Voluntary Service Overseas. // British Medical Journal;1/29/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6056, p256
Features the group Voluntary Service Overseas in Great Britain. Campaign for medical and paramedical volunteers by the group; Nature on the operation of the group; Qualification of doctors required by the group.
- So who's teaching whom? Smith, Liz // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/29/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7230, p323
Focuses on Voluntary Service Overseas, an organization that sends skilled men and women to work in partnership with people in developing countries. Objective of the organization; Information on some individuals who joined the organization; Views on health care training.