Network gives women a boost at General Electric
- Close the skills gap. Pollitzer, Elizabeth // Engineer (00137758);10/29/2007, Vol. 293 Issue 7735, p35
The article relates the author's perspective on the significance of recruiting and retaining more women in engineering and technical companies. She cites that the struggle for talent is worldwide and technology skills are in vigorous competition and only 8% percent of engineering and technical...
- Recruiting and retaining the best of Gen Y. Robbins, McLean // Employee Benefit News;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on the recruitment and retention of Generation Y employees in the U.S. Generation Y are the people born between 1979 and 1999. Due to the interest of generation Y to technology and the Internet, it is noted here that recruiting them can be best made through the social...
- How to attract and keep employees in a tight job market. Sabol // Business Journal (Central New York);1999 Supplement HR Guide, Vol. 13, p9
Provides ways to attract and keep employees in a tight job market. Strategies for recruitment; Role of learning in the success of the company; Advantages of a company practicing the principle of learning organizations; Consideration of the employees as investments; Treatment of employment as...
- RESEARCH INTO ACTION: STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESSFUL RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION. // Parks & Recreation;Apr2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p46
Presents employee recruitment and retention strategies for the parks and recreation profession. Importance of educating high school students about careers in parks, recreation and leisure studies; Significance of offering financial assistance; Reasons for establishing mentoring and sustainable...
- Flexible work setups edge into mainstream. Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;1/18/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 38, p21
Focuses on recruitment and retention of employees with offerings of compressed workweeks, flexible start and stop times, job sharing, flexible work schedules, and telecommuting.
- Your best source for finding new employees may be right beside you. Frederick, Eric // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Apr2002, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p4
Offers tips on recruitment and retention of employees. Information on how Employee Referral Program works; Reasons for the resignation of employees; Objective of an Employee Buddy System.
- Anything goes. // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/06/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p12
Cites the different methods being used by employers to find and keep good workers.
- Retaining Valued Employees. McNally, J. Stephen // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Winter2001, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p24
Presents recommendations for employers on how to successfully retain valued employees. Importance of successful recruiting; Development of an early warning system that identifies employees at risk of leaving; Design of a top-notch compensation program; Retention of employees as a prerequisite...
- Recruiting Outlook: Creative HR for 2003. Krell, Eric // Workforce (10928332);Dec2002, Vol. 81 Issue 13, p40
Discusses the plans of human resource (HR) professionals for addressing recruitment and staffing issues in 2003. Factors that affect the employee recruitment strategies of HR departments; Methods of recruitment to use during times of light hiring; Difficulties encountered in finding and...