Heads of HR are still scared of outsourcing
- Move Out The Paperwork! Lawler, Edward // Across the Board;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the role of the human resource department of a business enterprise in organizational design, change management and strategy development. Overview of the functions and responsibilities of a human resource practitioner; Ways for human resource personnel to escape their administrative...
- Selling BPO. Dalal, Jagdish // Siliconindia;Feb2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p46
Comments on the growth of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) in India. Complexity of selling BPO services; Management of outsourcing risks; Cost of transaction processing.
- It's all yours ï¿½. Faragher, Jo // Personnel Today;Spring 2006 Recruitment, p21
The article reports that when a company outsource the entire recruitment process, it actually enables Human Resource (HR) department to cut the costs and time spent on recruitment. Cost and time are the two main drivers behind a company's decision to outsource. Recruitment takes up an increasing...
- A NEW COLLABORATOR IS SOUGHT. Schütz, Dietmar // Management International Review (MIR);1971, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p55
The much-quoted bottleneck problem characterizes the present-day situation of the entire labor market but does not however apply where the management portion of the market is concerned. This is proved even today by the great response from potential managerial staff to an advertisement offering a...
- Understanding Risks In An Effort to Manage Them. Quirk, Michael P. // Business Journal (Central New York);8/29/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p11
Focuses on ways of minimization of risks involved in business. Basis of calculation of the general liability insurance of a business firm; Elimination of common injuries and control of accidents by contractors for lowering the insurance payments; Suggestion of outsourcing of the safety program...
- Growing Pains. Neville, Laurence // Global Finance;Feb2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p46
Reports on trends in outsourcing. Requirements to separate custody and investment management; Benefits of outsourcing which include risk avoidance; Transfer of asset managers' middle-office functions to custodians; Aspects of trade management, reconsolidation, compliance and communications.
- OFFSHORE WORK Outsourcing Labor, Use of Work Visas Still Popular With Tech Companies. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;6/16/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p21
Reports on United States companies' outsourcing of their work internationally and importing workers through consultants. HirsonWexlerPerl's processing of immigrant work visas; Exult Inc.'s outsourcing of its call-center work to India; Proliferation of offshore vendors.
- Business Process Outsourcing on the Rise. Dukart, James R. // AIIM E-DOC;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on the rise of business process outsourcing (BPO) in the U.S. Details of BPO operations; Speculation on the growth of the market; Advantages of outsourcer expertise to the customers. INSET: Xerox BPO for Chemical Oils, Rental Car Industries.
- Outsourcing: Effective strategy for ancillary departments and core businesses. Muscato, David J. // Secured Lender;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p8
Presents information on outsourcing for various businesses. Definition of outsourcing; Reference to the Outsourcing Institute in New York City; Estimated amount of money the United States market for outsourcing services will increase to; Benefits of outsourcing; Examination of the outsoucing...