Go beyond your remit to be taken seriously by the top table, HR told
- HR must be 'experimental'. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;10/2/2007, p6
The article reports on the professional achievement of Linda Holbeche, research and policy director at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Holbeche has worked as director of research and strategy at Roffey Park Institute for 12 years. She is also a well-known author on...
- EDITOR'S TALKING POINT. Crabb, Steve // People Management;4/5/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p5
The article offers updates on the field of personnel management in Great Britain. "People Management" had more than a thousand live job adverts on its web site at www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/jobs. Duncan Brown has left the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), while Linda...
- 'Great performance occurs when people know what is expected and why that matters.'. Holbeche, Linda // People Management;10/30/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p24
An interview with Linda Holbeche, director of research and development at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, is presented. When asked about the essential components of a high-performance organisation she refers to the right people and making sure they are able to deliver the...
- LINKS & NOTES. // People Management;9/30/2010, p41
A list of several stories and features at different web sites is presented, including one on the human resource (HR) profession, another on appointments, and another on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) HR profession map.
- Survey to shed light on HR trends. // People Management;Nov2015, p69
The article presents information on HR Outlook, a benchmarking survey for the human resources (HR) industry to be conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and the firm Workday.
- International insights. // People Management;Jun2015, p60
The article presents information on a conference and workshop about human resources (HR) in international organisations, to take place in London, England on June 23-24, which will be held by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- CIPD recognises members'service. // People Management;Jul2016, p60
The article reports that the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) has issued more than 5,000 certificates to thank long-term members for their continued service to the human resources and learning and development profession in Great Britain.
- barometer result. // Personnel Today;4/10/2007, p2
The article cites the results of a recent survey which asked whether Linda Holbeche is the right person for the job at the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD). The survey found that 57 percent of the respondents agreed to her appointed while 43 percent of them denied to accept...
- Holbeche unveils her vision for taking HR to the top. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;9/6/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p10
This article presents a conversation with Linda Holbeche, the new research and policy director of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, regarding the institute's research agenda. The top agenda include sustainable high performance, talent management, leadership and organizational...