Skills commission appoints chief executive
- Untitled. // Personnel Today;11/13/2007, p43
The article announces that Chris Humphries has been appointed as chief executive of the new Commission for Employment and Skills in Great Britain.
- Skills supremo meets the rivals in whirlwind China trip. // Personnel Today;7/1/2008, p2
The article reports that Chris Humphries, chief executive officer (CEO) of the British Commission for Employment and Skills, has returned from China after a five-day trip to help the fast-growing economy with its own training problems. During the China Vocational Education Reform and Development...
- Mr Skills vows to keep it simple. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;1/1/2008, p6
The article profiles Chris Humphries, chief executive officer for the Commission for Employment and Skills (CES) in Great Britain. Humphries has been in the government as an adviser on a variety of training projects and he was also the founding member of the Learning and Skills Council. He was...
- Effective collaboration investigated by UKCES. Eyre, Elizabeth // Training Journal;Aug2008, p18
The article reports that a project examining how employers could collaborate effectively to make a big impact on the skills in their sectors is to be launched by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills (UKCES). Chris Humphries, UKCES CEO, says it would look for whether the training levy...
- Humphries set to lead skills task force. // People Management;03/05/98, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p14
Reports on Tec National Council chief executive Chris Humphries' appointment as head of a task force created by the British government to formulate the medium- and long-term skills provision of employees in the country.
- Lack of science skills branded 'scary.'. // People Management;7/29/2010, p9
The article reports on the concern raised by Chris Humphries of the British Commission for Employment and Skill over the apparent lack of skills in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (Stem) in the labor market in Great Britain.
- Selecting Leaders. Fernandez, Jorge E. // Executive Excellence;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the recruitment, selection and development practices of chief executive officers (CEO) in the U.S. Assessment of the behavioral style of CEO; Factors considered in promotion of executive; Behavioral characteristics of CEO.
- Correction. // Employee Benefit News;Jun2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p7
A correction to the article about Fred Barstein, founder and chief executive officer of 401Exchange, published in the April 15, 2007 issue, is presented.
- WHAT MAGAZINES CEOS ARE READING. // SGB;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on the favorite magazines of some chief executive officers including A. Stone Douglass, CEO of Orange 21, Bob Puccini, President Mizuno USA and Matt Rubel, CEO Collective Brands.