QUEEN'S SPEECH: other main points for employers
- Impact of the minimum wage increase on teenage employment. Hsing, Yu // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep97, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p329
Examines the impact of the minimum wage increase in October 1996 on America's teenage employment. Statistics on the amount increase by the federal government in the minimum wage; Other implications of the minimum wage increase.
- Raising minimum wage will mean lost jobs. Jones, Roger // Plastics News;8/26/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p11
Focuses on the economic effects of a minimum wage hike in the United States. Impact to teenage employment; Employees affected by minimum wage increase.
- news digest. // Employers Law;Feb2014, p4
The article presents several facts about employers and employees which include the fine for employers who do not pay the minimum wage, the percentage of tribunal claims that fall after fees, and the number of employees that believe that they are not treated with compassion by their employers.
- Firms unfazed by rise in minimum wage. // Professional Engineering;3/26/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the employers' acceptance of the British government's compulsory increase in minimum wages effective October 2003. Percentage increase in the hourly minimum wages for adults and youths; Request made by the Engineering Employers' Federation for greater clarity in the structure of...
- Jump Starting Real Wage Growth for Women. // Tennessee Tribune;5/1/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p9A
The article reports on the proposed bill to increase the federal minimum wage and threshold salary for overtime for women to enhance their economic condition in Tennessee.
- Statistical stumblings. Balls, Ashley // NZ Business;Jun2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p64
The article argues against claims that the minimum wage is one of the reasons for unemployment in New Zealand. The author claims that unemployment is usually the fault of an employer and there is quick remedy for it. To support this argument, it is pointed out that the unemployment rates in...
- Dale Belman and Paul J. Wolfson: What Does the Minimum Wage Do? White, Mary // Journal of Labor Research;Dec2015, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p462
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the origins of the new minimum wage research, the effect of youth employment, and the effect of the relationship between changes in the minimum wage on youth.
- Youth wage rate may change. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/10/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4243, p7
Reports the increase in the minimum wage of youth workers in Great Britain in October 2002.
- Industry group attacks minimum-wage labor study. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;5/1/95, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the Employment Policies Institute's criticism of a 1992 Princeton University labor study on the impact of minimum-wage increases on the American hospitality industry. Claim that the study was poorly researched and therefore reached erroneous results; Princeton study as the centerpiece...