An Evolving Tack on Tech
- AN EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF QUALITY ANALYSIS METHODS IN DVB-S/S2 SYSTEMS. Antone, Alexandru-Florin; Arsinte, Radu // Acta Technica Napocensis. Electronica-Telecomunicatii;2010, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p7
The paper is proposing a study and practical experiments of testing methods in digital television, transmitted in Digital Video Broadcasting standard. The main objective of the research presented in this paper was to establish if the testing tools designed and validated for DVB-S, are useable to...
- CABLEVISION VISION. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/22/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the offer of cable company Cablevision for Universal Studios and Universal Music. Terms of the proposed deal; Share price of Cablevision; Impact of the offer on the company's plan to sell its cable system to Time Warner Cable.
- DOLAN'S FOLLY? Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p1
Examines the controversy with regard to Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Charles Dolan's plans to start a direct-broadcast satellite service called Rainbow DBS. Cost of Cablevision's satellite; Speculation regarding the satellite; Proposed date for providing commercial services using the...
- Cablevision Adds Latino Tier in N.Y. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p35
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has deployed a Latino digital tier to New York City metropolitan area households. Number of Spanish-languages network started by the company; Monthly rent of the network; Types of programs available on the network.
- Is Cablevision taking advantage of its customers with the conversion to digital? Miller, Chris // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/25/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the move of Cablevision Systems Corp. to require its customers to acquire a digital cable box to view fourteen channels that are not available in their existing family package in Hudson Valley, New York. It mentions that the act was due to the switch to digital that needs...
- Why Cablevision Can't Get Respect. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p14
Discusses the issues surrounding New York city-based cable television company Cablevision Systems Corp. as of June 2005. Information on the operations of Cablevision; History of the company; Services provided by the company for its customers. INSET: MONEY TALKS.
- Making News by Delivering It. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p60
The article discusses how Cablevision keeps its customers connected by putting community news in spotlight. It details how News 12 has become the standard in local news production by which all other cable operator-based local news operations are measured. Cablevision has invested significantly...
- DBS Execs at Confab: Sky's the Limit. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p6
Deals with the potential growth of the direct broadcast satellite (DBS) television (TV) industry in the U.S. according to DBS executives who attended the 2003 SkyForum Conference. High-definition TV service of EchoStar; Growth in digital video recorder subscriber base of DirecTV; Voom DBS...
- THE DARK SIDE OF NETWORK DVRs. // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p64
Reports on the potential impact of a plan by Cablevision Systems Corp. for a network digital video recorder (DVR) on the television broadcasting sector in the U.S. according to Doug Shapiro, a cable analyst at Banc of America Securities. Contribution of a network version of DVR to the...