Turning a Win-Back Into a Win-Win
- Cablevision model deal going boffo. Walzer // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/10/99, Vol. 46 Issue 50, p1A
Reports on the success of telecommunications company Cablevision Systems Corp.'s effort to attract Internet customers using a discounted cable modem program with it's The Wiz unit. Decline in the percentage of Long Island, New York modem buyers who opted to self-install their units; Total...
- Cablevision pursues proposal for a single telecom network. Philippidis // Westchester County Business Journal;11/8/99, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p9
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s proposal for the integration its telecommunication network in Westchester County, New York. Bundling of telephone and Internet services with video-on-demand in a single system; Linking of government offices, schools and businesses into a single fiber optic...
- Cablevision Still Bullish on iO. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p3
Reports the inauguration of Cablevision Systems Corp. of its digital cable service, dubbed iO: Interactive Optimum in Morris County, New Jersey. Decline of the monthly price of iO; Features of the extensive cross-channel ads; Response rate on the introductory letter of iO.
- Cablevision's plan: Surround the Big Apple. Branson, Ken // Telephony;03/19/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 12, p102
Reports on the geographic area in the United States where Cablevision Systems Corp. offers business telecommunications services. Market size of the region; Services offered by Cablevision; Two of the challenges analysts see for cable companies in the business market.
- BYE-BYE BOSTON. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;04/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p1
Reports the sale of the Boston systems of Cablevision Systems Corp. to AT&T Corp. Shares of stock acquire by Cablevision from AT&T; Benefits gained by AT&T from Cablevision's systems; Value of the Boston systems; Advantage of the Cablevision-AT&T deal; Concentration of Cablevision to sports...
- RS-DVR Fight Builds At Supreme Court. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on developments concerning the lawsuit filed by media companies against Cablevision Systems over its planned network-based digital video recorder. It reveals that the medial companies have won support from other content owners and groups in asking the U.S. Supreme Court to...
- Cablevision wins Beacon Awards. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/2/2001-7/16/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p33
Reports on several 2001 Beacon Awards received by the entertainment and telecommunications company Cablevision Systems Corp. Highlights of Cablevision's winning entries; Categories of the cable company's winning entries; Offerings of the company.
- Cablevision's Internet strategy blurs lines between industries. Hegarty, Liam // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/27/97, Vol. 36 Issue 43, p2
Focuses on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s completion of a three-year renovation of its system in Connecticut. Move beyond its traditional cable television market; Provider of Internet access to customers in Westport; Offering of telephone service to business customers.
- Cablevision tests PCN/PCS technology. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/26/93, Vol. 123 Issue 30, p98
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s offering of a press demonstration of its Personal Communication Networks/Personal Communication Services (PCN/PCS). PCN/PCS model as the first telephone system to offer vehicular mobility; Economic aspect of the development and home application of the...