Bundling Up To Market Success
- Kicking tires on the infobahn. Littleton, Cynthia // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/96, Vol. 126 Issue 52, p85
Focuses on the negotiations about the multimedia opportunities for cable television. Features of Time Warner Cable's efforts to bring regional cable operators to provide a localized, integrated network of online services through cable modems; Comment by Tim Evard, president of Time Warner's...
- No speed limits on the superhighway. Stewart, Allyson L. // Marketing News;1/2/95, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the easy access to superhighway multimedia services in the telecommunication industries in Europe. Germany as having the highest cable TV penetration rates in Europe; Contributory factors for a long term payback; Factors for the success of multimedia services.
- Migration Paths, Business Services, and IMS Service Control Interface. // Communications Technology;Feb2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p26
The article presents an interview with Cisco Systems' Jonathan Rosenberg and author of the session initiation protocol (SIP). When asked about the things that drive cable operators interest, he stresses commercial services as one next priority of cable operators as a SIP-based Internet Protocol...
- Horses for courses. Armitage, Joss // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 328, p14
Reports the struggle of the television cable industry. Decision to incur the expense of increasing bandwidth; Market factors of cable operators; Management of triple-play networks.
- Cable slowly starts to fill voice void. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;7/8/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p24
Reports the business status of the telecommunication service providers. Plan of cable companies on the problem of telecommunication companies; Cost of investing in carrier-grade voice; Effect of the issue in the business market.
- Cablevision selects Harmonic's NSG. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the selection of the Harmonic Narrowcast Services Gateway (NSG) 8100 to support the video-on-demand (VOD) product from Cablevision System Corp. in New York. Schedule of the launching of the product; Advancement of the integration of VOD and NSG to the cable system operation; Features...
- Cablevision plans 5 percent price hike. Abelson, Ben // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/29/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 54, p9A
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s decision to increase its cable television prices in 2003 in New York State. Higher programming costs; Increased investment in customer service; Changes in channel lineups.
- Cablevision hopes its local programming hooks viewers. Cook, Bob // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p9
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. is inserting programming onto its MuchMusic USA music video channel for customers in Cleveland, Ohio. Background information on the company; Program description; Local break-ins on national cable networks.
- Cablevision has lion's share of Westchester's cable market. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/16/97, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p2
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has the largest share of Westchester County, New York's cable market. Acquisition of TCI Cable of Westchester and nine other local systems; Announcement of unchanged cable rates; Schedule of pending programming changes; Consolidation of TCI customer list...