Tracking the Perfect Storm
- Cablevision's New Visionaries. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/3/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 18, p6
Interviews Tom Rutledge, COO of Cablevision Systems, and Cablevision president John Bickham on the cable television business. Opinion of Bickham on how Cablevision will differ from Time Warner Cable; Views of Rutledge on the company's base business; Biggest task for the company to grow its...
- Cablevision selects Harmonic's NSG. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the selection of the Harmonic Narrowcast Services Gateway (NSG) 8100 to support the video-on-demand (VOD) product from Cablevision System Corp. in New York. Schedule of the launching of the product; Advancement of the integration of VOD and NSG to the cable system operation; Features...
- Cablevision plans 5 percent price hike. Abelson, Ben // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/29/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 54, p9A
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s decision to increase its cable television prices in 2003 in New York State. Higher programming costs; Increased investment in customer service; Changes in channel lineups.
- Cablevision hopes its local programming hooks viewers. Cook, Bob // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p9
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. is inserting programming onto its MuchMusic USA music video channel for customers in Cleveland, Ohio. Background information on the company; Program description; Local break-ins on national cable networks.
- Cablevision has lion's share of Westchester's cable market. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/16/97, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p2
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has the largest share of Westchester County, New York's cable market. Acquisition of TCI Cable of Westchester and nine other local systems; Announcement of unchanged cable rates; Schedule of pending programming changes; Consolidation of TCI customer list...
- Cablevision launches regional line up. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/10/98, Vol. 45 Issue 32, p13A
Announces Cablevision Systems' launching of a package of cable programs produced in Long Island, New York by Rainbow Media Holding Inc. last August 5, 1998.
- Cable TV tries to meet satellite competition with interactive service. Savitt, Roger // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p24
Reports on the satellite competitiveness of cable television for interactive services in the U.S. Concept of Interactive Optimum (iO) introduced by Cablevision; Automation of home Internet access via cable television; Range of iO digital cable services.
- Cablevision bows ambitious digital service. // CED;Nov2001, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p20
Announces the launch of Interactive Optimum (iO) service by Cablevision Systems Corp. in Western Long Island, New York. Services offered; Equipments used; Schedule of cable installation; Installation package offered.
- Cablevision Systems announces key expansion. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/01/99, Vol. 46 Issue 40, p6A
Announces Cablevision's pursuit of strategic alternatives for the operation of its cable television systems in Boston, Massachusetts, and Cleveland, Ohio.