Maverick Plays and Wins by Its Own Rules
- Former TWC Exec Rutledge Resurfaces at Cablevision. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Reports the appointment of former Time Warner Cable executive Tom Rutledge as president of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the United States. Impact of the hiring of Rutledge on the operation of Cablevision; Confidence of analysts on the capabilities of Rutledge; Job responsibilities of the...
- 'The Coolest Job in Cable.' Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p44
Profiles Tom Rutledge, president of Cablevision Systems Corp. Career background of Rutledge; Responsibilities of Rutledge; Plans of Rutledge for the company.
- Rutledge gets a new home. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2001, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the hiring of Tom Rutledge to take charge of Cablevision Systems Corp. cable operation in New York, New York. Career background of Rutledge; Job responsibility in Cablevision; Excitement of Rutledge to work in Cablevision.
- Cablevision Getting Fulfillment. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p10
The article discusses the growth potential of Cablevision Systems Corp., the fifth-largest cable company in the U.S., according to the author. Company chief operating officer Tom Rutledge states that the company has been doing good with its online selling and emphasizes that the service could be...
- Abrupt exit for cable vet. // Daily Variety;12/16/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 53, p1
The article reports on the resignation of Tom Rutledge as chef operating officer of cable company Cablevision Systems Corp., in which Rutledge is considered to be one of the most prominent executives in cable industry.
- Dolanâ€™s Cablevision unplugged. FLAMM, MATTHEW // Crain's New York Business;1/9/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p0003
The article discusses the criticisms on how James Dolan run the Cablevision Systems Corp. It says that Dolan was blamed for the Madison Square Garden Inc.'s (MSG) decision to pull out its feed due to issues concerning license fees. It also mentions that Cablevision Systems Corp.'s cash flow...
- CABLEVISION SHUFFLE. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;4/27/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 16, p5
Describes management changes in Cablevision. Naming of Tom Rutledge as chief operating officer; Appointment of John Bickham as president of the company.
- Newsday to charge for online news. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/6/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p10A
The article announces that "Newsday," considered as the only daily newspaper of Long Island, New York, has decided to charge readers who will access to its news online. Cablevision chief operating officer (COO) Tom Rutledge shares that the decision's goal is to use their electronic assets and...
- Pay Bumps for Burke, Rutledge. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p23
The article reports on the compensation of Comcast Corp. chief operating officer Steve Burke and Cablevision Systems Corp. chief operating officer Tom Rutledge. Burke's compensation rose by 50 percent in 2009 while Rutledge compensation is said to be more than doubled to 26 million U.S. dollars...