- Skin Disease in Diabetes Mellitus -- Part 1. Rehm, Kenneth B. // Podiatry Management;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p195
Discusses the skin disease in people with diabetes mellitus. Information on dermatologic entities encountered by podiatric physicians; Description of dermatological changes among people with diabetes; Relationship between colonization, infection and the patient's host defenses.
- Foot Facts: Smart Foot Care Solutions for Nail Care. Brenner, Marc A. // Podiatry Management;Apr/May2007, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p240
The article provides answers to queries on topical foot care products. To counter the detrimental effects of nail polish on mycotic nails, a patient should apply Tripod Labs Clearstat as a base coat prior to the application of merited polish. Patients who have taken oral anti-fungals should use...
- THE CLINIC. Pirelli, Frank; Miller, Todd; Daly, Dennis; Simpson Jr, William M.; DeAngelis, Richard; Lief, David A.; Langer, Paul; Wilhelm, Bob; Kleinman, Ron; Miller, Klaud; Bonaparte, Jim; Schulman, Charles; Keltz, Theodore N. // Running & FitNews;Apr/May2007, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p9
The article presents questions and answers related to a physical symptoms and/or medical conditions. One person asks about bruised shins that occur following strenuous fitness walking. Another inquires about alternative treatments to hyperkeratosis, the hardening of the skin on the feet. A...
- More than "Ugg-ly" feet. STEWART, KRISTEN; PACE, SARAH // Contemporary Pediatrics;Jan2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p38
The article discusses the clinical case of a six-year-old girl who was diagnosed with Juvenile palmar-plantar dermatosis (JPD), a form of dermatosis common in infancy and childhood. The patient complained of cracked, fissured and tender feet. She was diagnosed as having JPD, which is...
- Blisterproof your feet. MARION, MATT // Men's Health;Dec98, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p36
Reports that applying antiperspirant to feet before a hike can reduce the chance of blisters. Details on the findings of a study on the use of antiperspirants by cadets; Tips on using antiperspirants.
- HAPPY FEET. Magid, Jennifer // Current Health 1;Nov2009, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p16
The article focuses on the proper way of taking care of feet and discusses common foot problems.
- easy solutions to 4 common foot problems. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p121
Recommends solutions to several common foot problems, such as calluses and plantar fasciitis.
- Foot care 101. Dukes, Sharon // Heart & Soul;Aug/Sep99, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p86
Presents a few common foot diseases and treatment procedures for the ailments.
- Aging Often Leads to Problems. // USA Today Magazine;Feb2001, Vol. 129 Issue 2669, p15
Provides information on foot care for old people. Common foot disorders; Steps on how to evaluate the health of feet; Description of foot injuries.