- Incorporating Friction Management into Orthotic Therapy. HUPPIN, LAWRENCE // Podiatry Management;Sep2013, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p137
The article focuses on friction management in orthotic treatments. It states traditional treatment and prevention of foot ulcers and calluses has focused on pressure reduction methods and comments that friction is also an important contributor to the formation of ulcers, calluses, and blisters....
- Stepping Ahead. Bouchard, Nancy // SGB;Jul2007 Footwear Business Supplemet, Vol. 40, p6
The article discusses the importance of a person's choice of footwear to the health of his or her feet. The range of shoes available to accommodate different foot shapes, gaits and athletic needs is outlined. The author suggests that consumers seek out shoe stores with sales staffs that can...
- Want prettier; blister-free feet? Kusek, Kristy // Glamour;Mar99, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p74
Focuses on a study conducted by Army researchers at the United States Military Academy in West Point, New York concerning feet blisters. How to avoid blisters.
- Shoe Company Starts Off on the Right Foot. // Business NH Magazine;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the move of executives at New England Footwear to upgrade its products by putting the softer mid-sole on the bottom of the shoe so it rests on the ground and the foot rests on the harder surface.
- 2013 EDITORIAL CALENDAR. // FN: Footwear News;Sep2013, Vol. 69 Issue 33, p37
A 2013 editorial calendar of the magazine is presented with editorial features including Bridal Footwear, Paris Runway Coverage, and Sneakerhead Issue.
- SLEEK LINES. // FN: Footwear News;7/25/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 27, p23
Several photographs of season's runway-ready shoes for women, from casual espadrille wedges to sophisticated satin sandals, are presented.
- Front Runners. // FN: Footwear News;7/25/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 27, p24
Several photographs of footwear for women, including Chelsea Paris' cut-out color-block bootie worn with Alexander Wang dregs, Nina's satin platform sandals worn with Marc Jacobs shirt and super-charged styles like strappy sandals in radiant hues and printed pumps, are presented.
- THE TOP TWENTY. // FN: Footwear News;1/28/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p48
A list of the top 20 shoe designers is presented which includes Fendi, John Galiano and Moschino.
- Touch of Grey. Anderson, Jocelyn // FN: Footwear News;1/31/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p58
The article offers briefs information on the footwear collection Shades of Grey by designer Micah Cohen.