- Making Tracks. Bouchard, Nancy // SGB;Jul2007 Footwear Business Supplemet, Vol. 40, p12
The article discusses the research and development of footwear. The link between poorly fitting footwear and several foot ailments including plantar fasciitis, hammer toes and blisters is explored. Studies in footwear biomechanics aimed at combating these ailments are discussed, as are...
- To the Greatest Podiatrist I Never Met: A Tribute to William Rossi, DPM. McClanahan, Ray // Podiatry Management;Oct2010, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p43
The author reflects on the impact that the work and research of former podiatrist William Rossi has had on the field of podiatry and on the foot health of podiatry patients across the globe. He suggests that many of Rossi's ideas were ahead of their time. He argues that Rossi's work continues to...
- What Makes a Shoe Comfortable? Cheskin, Mel // Podiatry Management;Oct2007, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p99
The article discusses several factors that make footwear comfortable. Mechanical comfort lies on the comfort of fabrics for the upper foot and the insole materials for the underfoot. Shoe weight depends on the wearer's ability to lift the shoe during swing phase of gait. It is stated that...
- When a little flab is good. WILLIAMS, GAYLE // Consumer Reports on Health;Nov2011, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including pad atrophy and plantar fasciitis.
- Raising Awareness. Nanton, Nicole Rose // Podiatry Review;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p34
No abstract available.
- Healthy Footwear Guide. Vernon, Wesley // Podiatry Now;May2009, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p35
The article focuses on the Healthy Footwear Guide developed by the Healthy Footwear Group (HPG). The guide was developed for and is being promoted to shoe manufacturers and the public. HPG hopes that the guide will help in raising awareness of the value of healthy footwear and assist customers...
- Staying a Step Ahead. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p18
The article looks at how the company Aetrex Worldwide continues to update and expand its reach in the footcare market. According to the article, a contemporary business model allows Aetrex to provide differentiated products to dealers and customization options to consumers. The company also...
- Brains For Your Feet. Gromer, Cliff // Popular Mechanics;Aug2004, Vol. 181 Issue 8, p42
Shoe engineers are forever looking at ways to cushion shock by smoothly and evenly decelerating the runner's foot at heel impact. If the cushioning is too firm, like stiff shock absorbers in a car, the deceleration is too rapid and you experience shock. Damping requirements become even more...
- The relationship between sole curvature of roll over footwear and changes in gait. Forghany, Saeed; Nester, Christopher; Richards, Barry // Journal of Foot & Ankle Research;2012 Supplement 1, Vol. 5 Issue Suppl 1, p1
An abstract of the article "The Relationship Between Sole Curvature of Roll Over Footwear and Changes in Gait," by Saeed Forghany, Christopher Nester, and Barry Richards is presented.