- Defining foot comfort. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p44
The article discusses comfort as an important factor in footwear designing. Attaining comfort in footwear is a complex endeavor, as it relies on the combined elements of tactile, biomechanical, and thermal features that have been built into the shoe in order to give support, shock absorbency,...
- Leading the Pack. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, Special Section p8
Provides information on two running gear retailers that cater to women in the U.S. Information on the See Jane Run retail store by Lori Shannon in San Francisco, California; Reason of Shannon for opening the store; Background on the Fleet Feet franchise opened by Susan Frankel with husband...
- NEW PRODUCTS. Sellers, Dave // Runner's World;Aug2003, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p44
Introduces several pieces of equipment and products for running and runners.
- NEW PRODUCTS. Sellers, Dave // Runner's World;Mar2002, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p74
Evaluates several running equipment and supplies.
- THE BRANNOCK DEVICE. // Esquire;Mar2007, Vol. 147 Issue 3, p102
The article evaluates Brannock Devices and offers information on its purpose, the proper way to measure feet length, background details about the inventor, and contact information.
- Sole mates. Prouty, Heather // Women's Sports & Fitness;Apr98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p25
Gives advice on choosing socks for running shoes. Importance of finding a good fit; Consideration on toe seams; Criticism on cotton socks.
- Cold-weather running gear. Moore, Peter // Men's Health;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p54
Presents clothing and apparel for running during cold weather. Asic Gelanots LW jacket; Nike Air Minot; Casio Triple Sensor PRT40K-1Z.
- we're sold on these insoles! // Shape;Sep2010, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p111
The article reviews several different orthotics including the OrthoLite Fusion insoles, the Dr. Scholl's Custom Fit Orthotic Inserts and the Aetrex Lynco Sports Orthotics.
- Feeling Sheepish. Schneider-Levy, Barbara // FN: Footwear News;4/6/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p17
The article offers information on sheepskin as a footwear material. It discusses the natural qualities of sheepskin which made it popular among consumers including the hide's tensile strength and the wool's loft, and its features such as flame-resistant and windproof. It notes the double-face...