AMC's Triumphs Are Adding Value
- A good bounce for broadcast. Block, Alex Ben // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;7/9/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 22, p8
The article reports that broadcast networks in the U.S. won maximum nominations at the Emmy Awards 2010, with 247 nominations compared to the 240 for cable and pay networks.
- Cabler aces out Big 3 in Emmy noms. Richmond, Ray // Variety;07/28/97, Vol. 367 Issue 12, p25
Focuses on the nominees for the 1997 Emmy Awards for television. Cable network Home Box Office's (HBO) record number of nominations; List of nominees; Categories.
- Big 4 grumble over HBO's Emmy bundle. Richmond, Ray // Variety;09/22/97, Vol. 368 Issue 7, p73
Talks about Home Box Office's (HBO) performance at the Primetime Emmy Awards on September 14, 1997. Domination of the longform categories; Concern of HBO executives about a remark from producer Gilbert Cates; List of Primetime Emmy winners.
- Winning ways. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/28/97, Vol. 127 Issue 31, p94
Editorial. Focuses on the number of nominations received by the Home Box Office cable television network for the Emmy Awards. Comparison with the number of nominations received by broadcast networks.
- Oater achiever. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;6/28/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 62, p1
The article reports on the overall rating generated by the television premiere of the motion picture "Broken Trail" on AMC. The opening installment of the two-part film starring Robert Duvall and Thomas Haden Church attracted a total of 9.9 million viewers. It made AMC the most-watched network...
- Two cablers make foray into top tier. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/6/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the raid of two cable networks such as AMC and BET of being included in a top-five-rated channel for the given week in the U.S. It can be noted that these networks are launched in one program that included them to the circle of winners. AMC's "Broken Trail" is the...
- Big Emmy Night for Dark Horse. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p4
The article reports that AMC Entertainment Inc.'s television program, "Mad Men," has won an Emmy as an outstanding drama series. This is the first time basic-cable show has won in this category. AMC also got the best actor Emmy for Bryan Cranston, the star of its other series, "Breaking Bad."...
- The Guest of Honor. Feuer, Jack // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/29/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 38, p23
The article reports on the HBO's Emmy Awards party. The show was organized in Pacific Design Center. Advertisers would continue to add to their cable budgets no matter what the programming. They're so flummoxed and panicked by clutter that they'd float spots on air currents if they could....
- EMMYS | HBO. Ehrman, Mark // InStyle;Nov2003, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p268
Presents information on a garden party given by the cable television network HBO to the recipients of 55th Emmy Awards, in Los Angeles, California.