Current Lights Up a Second Web Portal
- Discours en sÃ©rie. Les relectures des publics de sÃ©ries policiÃ¨res rediffusÃ©es sur les sites web des chaÃ®nes tÃ©lÃ©visÃ©es : de l'adaptation Ã l'autonomie. LACROIX, Céline MASONI // ESSACHESS;2011, Vol. 4 Issue 1(7), p163
Comments posted on french television websites about police series were studied in their discursive function in order to question the continental dichotomy between popular and scholar culture. Rereading produces, creates cultural practices. This article aims at opening a space for discourse, a...
- CURRENT OBJECTIVE. Vivarelli, Nick // Variety;4/25/2011, Vol. 422 Issue 11, p13
The article discusses the television network Current TV, created by former U.S. vice president Al Gore. The focus of the article is Current TV's Italian partner Current Italia, which is run by general manager Tommaso Tessarolo. Topics include how Tessarolo rebuilt Current Italia around Current...
- Internet TV: One pipe to carry them all. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the adoption of Internet television in Europe. Demand in cable broadband connections; Integration of television broadcasting and Internet protocol platforms; Application of MPEG-compressed television.
- Online was never a rival to TV so let's get them united. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p02
The author comments on the alleged rivalry between Internet television (TV) and conventional TV.
- ASK PROFESSOR PHIL. Hippensteel, Phil // AV Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on a struggle or problem in implementing Internet Protocol television (IPTV) wherein he encountered the issue of excessive broadcasting. INSET: Contemporary Research Ships Tuner.
- 333.2 million. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/25/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 20, p12
The article cites that 333.2 million subscribes to over-the-top video services worldwide.
- Italo auds stay Current with first Web drama skein. Vivarelli, Nick // Variety;11/9/2009, Vol. 416 Issue 13, p16
The article reports on "Frammenti," an Italian language drama series that is being screened on an Internet web site. Central to the article is the observation that "Frammenti" is the first scripted drama developed by Current TV, a web television enterprise founded by Al Gore, the former...
- Back Away From Plan for Network Video Site. // Television Week;12/18/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p8
The article opposes the plan of television broadcast networks to set up an Internet video site to rival YouTube. There is a supposition as to why television networks want to establish an Internet video site. Television networks must find and distribute quality television entertainment. They must...
- LIVE! WHAT A CONCEPT! // Sports Illustrated;10/23/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 16, p24
Addresses the Internet Web site, wemedia.com, which will telecast the 2000 Paralympic Games from Sydney, Australia live. Impact of a live telecast on coverage for the Games; Expected differences between the Paralympics and the Olympics, which were broadcast in the United States on tape delay.