A/N, Liberty May Swap Terms on Discovery
- CABLE CLEANUP. DEMPSEY, JOHN; HAYES, DADE // Daily Variety;6/5/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 43, p1
The article reports on the plans of Liberty Media Corp. and Advance/Newhouse Communications Inc. to clear the ownership issue over Discovery Holding Co. in the U.S. The effort is a response to Wall Street's request for transparency and to make it easier for them to do deals. With this, the two...
- The Island of Dr. Malone. Mehta, Stephanie N. // Fortune;7/24/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p125
Profiles chairman of Liberty Media John Malone. Description of AT&T's acquisition of Malone's Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI) and Liberty Media; Description of the rise of TCI and how Malone kept much of his power under AT&T with Liberty Media; Malone's interests in broadband technology and...
- Discovery Deal Still Expected. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p49
The article speculates on the takeover of the U.S.-based firm Discovery Communications Inc. (DCI) citing the acquisition of a 50 percent stake by Liberty Media. Cox Communications has sold its 25 percent interest in Discovery back to Liberty and Advance/Newhouse increased their stakes in DCI to...
- Malone Buys More Discovery. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p26
The article provides a discussion on John Malone, chairman of the Liberty Media and Discovery Holding Co., and his purchase of Discovery Holding Co. class-B shares. Malone bought 54, 805 company shares for more or less $1.6 million after plunking down more than $2 million for the purchasing of...
- High noon at NTL. // Utility Week;2/15/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p15
Provides information on the investment plans of U.S. businessman and Liberty Media owner John Malone in the British market. Details of the planned acquisition of cable company NTL; Discussion on the holdings of Liberty Media at Telewest and News Corp.
- John Malone says the word that's music to investors' ears: "spin-off.". Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);5/26/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p34
Discusses the prospects of a spin-off of the global assets of Liberty. Desire of Liberty executive John Malone to purchase QVC from Comcast and the Universal television and film assets from Vivendi; Investment prospects of the moves of Liberty.
- Liberty Media's big March fourth. // CED;Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses Liberty Media's purchase of more than a quarter of all shares in Charter Communications. It mentions how the deal enables Liberty Media chairman John Malone to acquire a major interest in a U.S. cable company for the first time in many years. Liberty Global's purchase of an...
- DEAL HIM IN. Amdur, Meredith // Variety;5/19/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the interest expressed by John Malone of Liberty Media Corp. in acquiring Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE). Outlook of Malone on his chances to get the VUE deal; Challenges facing Malone in the movie studio business; Potential candidate to run VUE under Liberty.
- MURDOCH: MALONE FRIEND, NOT FOE. Mermigas, Diane // Television Week;2/2/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p24
Deals with the takeover speculation surrounding the nonvoting stake of John Malone, chairman of Liberty Media Corp. at News Corp. in January 2004. Comments from Rupert Murdoch, chairman of News Corp.; Reasons behind the lack of hostile takeover attempt in the media world; Importance of the News...