THIS JUST IN
- Comcast VOD Previews 'iCarly' Telepic. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/27/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p32
The article reports that Comcast Corp. will provide an early video on demand (VOD) look at their upcoming original movie of Nickelodeon's "iCarly." It mentions that as part of the agreement, Comcast will create "iCarly & Friends" VOD category that will feature the movie and four "iCarly"...
- Planning on Growth in 2010? Cunningham, Sean // Advertising Age;5/3/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 18, pC5
The article, part of a special advertising section, offers opinions on cable television advertising. Such advertising is said to have proven its effectiveness during 2009, a difficult financial year for all forms of mass media. Statistics are cited in support of the contention that cable...
- Diary: Pick of the Week - 4Creative, Channel 4. // Campaign;3/27/2015, p27
A review is offered of a television advertising campaign created by advertising agency 4Creative for the television programs of television broadcasting company Channel 4.
- New nets move into prime time. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;1/9/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p21
Reports on the season ratings race of television programs in the United States. Effect of the introduction of prime-time shows; Effect of the launching of cable television channels; Consumer target; Remarks on advertising.
- Wild Week: TV Eyes Economy. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;9/22/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p1
The article focuses on trends in U.S. television advertising. Most executives say that advertising revenues are holding up and, while the stock market's undulations are cause for concern, they do not have plans to cut spending on programming or staff. CBS CEO Les Moonves and News Corp. Chairman...
- Murdoch's Sky Italia ready; summer takeoff promised. Davidkhanian, Caren // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/13/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 32, p65
Rupert Murdoch is planning to launch its Sky Italia pay television service in Summer 2003. Tom Mockridge, managing director of the Italian service said that Sky would line up 100 or more programming outlets, including cinema, news, documentaries, kids programs and soccer, promising the richest...
- Comcast Backs Regionals With Promo Clout. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p16
Reports on the promotional campaigns launched by Comcast Corp. for its regional programming services in the U.S. Information on Smart TV, a campaign of the company for CN8: The Comcast Network; Promotion of the ties of Comcast to New England Cable News; Plans of the company for synergies.
- MOST ENGAGING SHOWS ARE LAST SEASON'S HOLDOVERS. // Television Week;11/26/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p13
The article reports on a survey by IAG Research on engagement in prime-time shows. While program ratings had long been the norm, given the growth of DVR usage and a new emphasis on commercial tuning, there are several different audience numbers generated for the same program. To gauge...
- Rupert gets animated over Simpsons bowl special. Torpey-Kemph, Anne; Consoli, John // MediaWeek;01/18/99, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p25
Reports the permanent casting of Rupert Murdoch, chairman and chief executive officer of News Corp., on the animated television show `The Simpsons.' Explanations from Mike Scully, executive producer of the show.